“Miss Panorama's mum” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Village Panorama Hotel

You added Village Panorama Hotel to your Saves list
Village Panorama Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   PO Box 1356 | Pelagia Beach 11, Agia Pelagia, Crete 71110, Greece   |
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Agia Pelagia
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Miss Panorama's mum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have just returned from a week in this Hotel 08/15 Oct. It was a family holiday with my daughter and grandsons. We had a wonderful time and we would go again.
We were late for the evening meal, but the staff were great and did provide us with a late supper. I cannot rave about the food and another week of the same would have been too much but there was plenty of choice and some of the dishes were delicious. We struggled to please the kids, apart from their daily jelly! To be fair, the bread was fresh and salads and cakes were very good.
We ate out at a local Taverna on the beach which was excellent. We visited two beaches, one was quieter and both were very clean. Luckily we had hired a car so we were able to avoid the steep walks back up to the hotel.
Our room was cleaned daily and due to the recent robberies, we paid for a safety deposit box for our peace of mind. We noticed that there were two men patrolling the Hotel grounds during most of the day and night for security. When we were suspicious of two males without wrist bands, the Hotel staff acted immediately and appropriately and told them to leave.
We had a large balcony and a fantastic sea view. Our bedding and towels were changed daily.
This was the first time the children had been abroad and we think that we made an excellent choice. They loved Mo the entertainer and the pool bar staff Charlene, Harris and Rocky. All the hotel staff worked hard, the pool bar staff in particular.
There was an incident one evening with some guests who had over consumed alcohol and did not take kindly to being requested, nicely, to stop behaving inappropriately in front of the children and other guests. The pool bar staff acted professionally and were supportive as were most of the other guests who were present. This was no place for lewdish behaviour, I would suggest another place in another country preferably to those particular guests...
We would definitely go again it is a perfect place for a family holiday and we would request the same room/block near Katerinas mini market because it was nice and peaceful in the late hours.
We met some lovely people and the whole atmosphere of the Hotel was very easy going and the children loved every minute of it.
I would not go as a couple or for a group holiday but it is perfect for a family.

Room Tip: we were in the 600 block, close enough to the pool and bar, but far enough to not be kept awake by t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
Adlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week starting the 8th October 2013 with my two children and my mum. After reading the reviews before hand i have to admit I was slightly worried about what to expect but upon arrival all my fears disapeared. We arrived shortly before 9pm after a long day travelling and Dora at the reception immediately sent us to the restaurant to get some food even though at this time they had stopped serving.we enjoyed a lovely meal and then returned to reception to get our room key. I would advise to pay the extra for a family room with a sea view. the room was large clean and tidy with a beautiful big balcony and absolutely amazing views.

During our stay i found the staff to be flawless. They were friendly and considerate. Mohammed the entertainment guy was funny and attentive and fantastic with my kids. He always got everyone involved in the activities and made them fun for everyone given that there was a wide age range amongst the guests. Charlene and Aris who worked behind the bar are 2 of the nicest people I have ever met. They work very hard and never complain always have a smile on there face and a friendly word and they make extremly tasty (strong) cocktails haha.

The food isnt great but i found that there was always something to eat. You have to remember that this is a 3* establishment so dont go expecting michalin star quisine. My youngest is very fussy with his food but he never went hungry and i particularly enjoyed the fresh salad that was served at mealtimes everyday a different chefs salad was prepared and never disapointed.

we got a safe for a room in relation to the burglaries we had heard about but it was only 20 euros as opposed to the 60 we had read about and we never had any trouble.

All in all i had a truly amazing holiday. I met some fantastic people and I have already priced up to go again next year. It was my childrens first holiday abroad and our first family holiday together and as it was close to the end of the season there werent many children there which mant they were very popular amongst the other guests and also the staff which really made there holiday special.

Room Tip: Family room with a sea view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
wigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I'm sure that i've been to the same hotel, at the same time, eaten the same food and stood at the bar with these complainers, but where are they coming from? Everyone I spoke to was having a great time and generally couldn't fathom out how it is possible to offer such facilities for what we paid for this holiday.
So you don't like Greek food, well, don't go to Greece then, go to Majorca if you want English type food abroad. The range of food choices, three times a day was staggering and if I have one complaint, it's not the food but the fussy people who have to select individual chips or grilled tomatoes or that particular piece of chicken and hold up the queue while they faff about choosing the nicest looking meat etc.
We heard about the robberies after a day or so, and the hotel worker we spoke to couldn't understand why the thieves cleaned the guests out completely, even taking clothes needing washing and the suitcases, I find that strange as well.
This was a brilliant late holiday, everything fell into place, helped by the entire staff, nothing is too much trouble to them, especially the bar staff (give them the odd Euro occasionally) and you'll be well looked after and you're in for a cracking week or two.
There's still time to get another weeks holiday here before the season ends and I just might re-appear there, this hotel has got to be the best value for money hotel in Crete.

Room Tip: book a sea-view room before you travel, away from the pool area, and if possible, a corner room, you...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Leek Staffs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here in May of 2013 and liked it that much that we decided to return with some friends.
It was as good as we remembered it, our friends liked it too.
It outreaches its three star rating, everything about the place oozes Greek hospitallity, nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
We arrived without luggage as Easyjet decided to take our case for a holiday of its own for two days, the hotel responded by sending a tray to our room with a bottle of wine,lots of fruit and water.
All the staff were very helpful,respectful and couldn't do enough for us.
Charlene and Harris who ran the night bar were, even when very busy, fantastic, a real asset to our holiday and to the hotel.
We will go back when we can afford, which won't be long at the all inclusive prices they ask,extremely reasonable indeed.

Room Tip: The west rooms have a morning view of the sun coming up over the ridge that is superb and we think t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Well all in all this was a lovely holiday! I went with my boyfriend in September, on arrival the man at the desk was quite rude and wasn't very informative, but we found our room quite easy! When arriving at our room it was on the ground floor so no balcony which I didn't like, I like somewhere to sit and have a drink after the night. So we switched rooms, this was €5 extra a night we i didn't think was too bad. The rooms are basic but it's only a room, it was quite clean so nothing to moan about there :) The views around the hotel are beautiful and just like the pictures I saw! Well around the hotel there isn't much, at all! The walk down to the beach is about 10-15 minutes, the walk up the massive hill is hard but after 2 weeks we got used to it, lol. The beach part of Agia Pelagia is lovely, we found some rocks to jump off into the sea so that was really fun and the restaurant are really nice and we did have a break from the hotel for some different food! We did travel out to a few different cities and went around the island which i would defiantly recommend! Some things I didn't like, I'm not fussy at all really but I didn't really like the staff they were quite rude and very dismissive of my boyfriend, their was the odd member of staff that really liked to help! The food is... Well food? After 2 weeks we were so happy to go get a pizza but as food goes, I've had worse! It was pretty much the same, but something's I really enjoyed. Even though we went in September it was quite busy so hard to find a sun-bed but you were never without for a long time. One thing that made the make-or-break for me was that in the space of 7 days 5 people got robbed!! Some people had been completely cleared out! This is not something I want to worry about on holiday, a few people would go check there rooms half way through the night! We did invest in a safe! This made me feel really unsafe and I couldn't relax at night! This was a lovely holiday and I've got some really good memories and I'm so glad I went, the value for money was so good, but there are just a few thing that have made me think "I'm glad I went, but I don't think I'll go again" I hope this helps and if you go, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, it's all about what you make of it! Abbie :)

Room Tip: I think if you have a room, you shouldn't get one on the ground floor, due to unfortunate break...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Got back from a week long stay from this hotel (7-14th Oct) and have to say, defiantly read the reviews before deciding to book here.

We arrived gone 22:30 after the all inclusive food finished. Luckily I bought a sandwich on the plane to eat as no food was set aside for us. We had to change rooms straight away as it was too small for three adults. To be fair they put us in a nice big family room with A/C and a safe for an extra 60 euros, which was a lot better.

The food could have been a lot better, it was just about bearable. I like food but didn't want to risk anything so just stuck to fries and the food they cook in front of you. We had much better luck with the restaurants down on the beach. I would recommend going there everyday.

The first morning a lady came to us to tell us to watch our room because they had been robbed. Unfortunately this became the standard topic of conversation and worry staying in the hotel. I should of paid more attention to the burglary reviews because it was very strife in the hotel. We were lucky as our stuff didn't get touched. But had heard stories of how people came back to their room to find everything gone including clothes! This has to be an inside job as I don't see how these burglaries are so constant, minimal damage and nothing had been to solve this. My advice is to keep everything with you at all times, and also check your room constantly.

The entertainment at the hotel is what it is for what you are paying ranging from karaoke to bingo. The only good thing about the entertainment was when it stopped we could chat to the other guests and have great a laugh with them. The bar-staff were very friendly and had good banter with us. Everyone usually got on with each other and struck a good friendship with other guests. Apart from a drunken fight between a few guests on our last night, the evenings went well.

The main beach is a 10-15 min walk down a very steep and windy road. this hotel is defiantly not for people who have trouble walking. The beach was very nice and quiet when we were there. There was plenty to do with jet-skis, scuba diving, water sports. Its even worth getting snorkels to look through the crystal clear sea.

Overall the views from the hotel are fantastic, the beach is nice, the pool is adequate and the bar-staff are really good group of people. The other guests were all fine to be around and made the hotel stay more enjoyable.

I applaud anyone who could withstand the food for three times a day for more than a week. Stick to not eating breakfast and picking up something from the beach in the afternoon and evenings. Be very aware about the burglaries as this is very strife. The cleaners don't do a great job so don't be surprised to come back to see the same bed sheets on the bed, just flipped over.

I don't recommend this hotel unfortunatly. The only positives were the other guests, bar-staff, the view and the fries in the canteen. The area agia pelagia is very nice and worth visiting. I would consider going to a different hotel if you are dead set on going to agia pelagia. if i had my time again I would of booked elsewhere, but had a great laugh with my mates so the hotel didn't completely ruin the holiday

Room Tip: get a room away from the bar. the music goes on till 2 am and people don't leave the bar till go...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Watford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

If your looking for a relaxing holiday with excellent service, this is the place! We spent a week at the hotel and it is probably the cleanest place we have stayed at. The staff where very friendly and helpful (Dora, Costas, Lori and all the other staff)

All the bad reviews about this place and the food is ridiculous! There are a wide selection of food you can choose from, the staff are helpful and friendly and it is clean! Nothing to complain about. The views are amazing and it is stunning.

There is a free bus service to the beach a few times a day and it is a lovely little beach with more than enough to keep you entertained.

Don't listen to the bad reviews! This is a lovely hotel and for all inclusive, better than expected!

We would go back here any time.

Room Tip: Rooms 712 are quieter, beautiful view and close to the smaller pool
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Village Panorama Hotel? Share your experiences!