My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful week at the Sensimar Sea Side resort. We arrived to warm welcome and porterage to our room. We had booked a “superior sea view” room, which should probably be called a “breathtaking” or “exceptional” sea view room as the sea view and the way the hotel has been designed to resemble a small local village, rather than row after row of hotel rooms, is incredibly beautiful. There is easy access to the local beach (an evaluator to just above beach level) and we would recommend snorkelling where we saw swarms of fish, starfish and other sea life quite close to a shingle, but quite delightful, beach.
The food was both varied and delicious. The special “Cretian” food area, offering local delicacies and “show” food areas, where the chefs prepared and cooked for you while you watched, were particular favourites. We specifically wanted a quiet relaxing holiday to de-stress and the separation of an activity pool and a relaxation pool was perfect for us. The ambience of the hotel was just right, appropriate local or soft music instead of loud novelty songs and the barman/barmaid at the idyllic Thalassa pool bar always had a smile and time to talk, in what seemed to be any language, while pouring a wide range of drinks to suit any taste.
The spa area is compact in comparison to other spa resort hotels but offered steam room, sauna, indoor pool with jacuzzis, massage, facials and the usual other treatments. The spa treatments could not be considered cheap but the therapists clearly knew their specialisation and we went back twice for massages/facials during our stay.
There was not a domination of any one nationality staying at the hotel and the variety of guests from different countries again added to the overall ambience. However, the single factor that set the Sensimar Sea Side out as exceptional and has already caused us to recommend the hotel to our friends was the attitude of the staff and management. We experienced a genuine desire to help ensure every guest had a fantastic holiday; a commitment to address any issues; smiles and warmth. The hotel has the marketing tagline “my house by the sea” and we felt “at home” at the hotel. However, when welcomed into a house you must respect your hosts and we noticed that ranting and raving about the smallest things and not being respectful will get you about as far as it would in any true 5 star resort!
If you want loads of local bars where hen parties and stag groups are getting drunk; feel the need to dance inanely to loud music, want a “Thomson style kids club”, somewhere to drunkenly belt out karaoke or a lively local nightlife outside of the hotel then do not go to the Sensimar sea side spa and resort, there are plenty of other places on the Crete coast. However, if you want to holiday in a small piece of paradise, where the stresses of the real world start to melt as soon as you enter and you can relax and enjoy yourself then we whole-heartily recommend the Sensimar Sea Side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Side Resort & Spa is one of the best hotels in Crete; it combines affordable holidays in luxurious settings, natural gardens, all under the sea breeze of the Aegean Sea. Friendly staff, great accommodation, attention to detail; all these ensure a memorable holiday to all of our guests. Sea Side Resort & Spa is a great way to spend your Greek holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your CHC Sea Side Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Side Resort And Spa
- Sea Side Hotel Agia Pelagia
- Sensimar Sea Side Hotel
- CHC Sea Side Resort & Spa Crete/Agia Pelagia