We recently returned from a six night stay at Sea Side Resort & Spa. This was right at the end of season just before it closed for the Winter. It was not too crowded and was very relaxing.
The views are spectacular and exactly what we were looking for. The location is a bit remote, so best to hire a car if you want to explore outside the resort. The room was clean and comfortable with a balcony that overlooked the sea. The power is switched off every time you leave, so worth knowing if you're trying to charge cameras and phones etc. The mini bar is meant to be topped up with water and soft drinks every two days, but wasn't.
The wifi didn't work at all in the room, but could be accessed in the public areas. When we asked at reception about the wifi, they weren't very helpful and a bit rude.
The buffet food was terrific and varied. It's the first time we've had an all inclusive deal and it was really impressive. The staff in the kitchen and restaurant were really friendly and every meal was a pleasure. Only trouble is it's too nice and you end up eating too much ;) Beware the horrible orange juice which is really cordial. Everything else lovely.
The spa can only be accessed if you pay extra for a treatment. It's a shame everyone can't have automatic access to the indoor pool/steam room/jacuzzi etc as expected.
The only really annoying thing about this place was the entertainment staff...they were incredibly loud and quite rude at times. They had really screechy voices/laugh that grated. They seemed quite slack as they often just sat around drinking. This is at odds with an otherwise classy, beautiful, relaxing, romantic and enjoyable destination. We would definitely consider going again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Side Resort & Spa is one of the best hotels in Crete; it combines affordable holidays in luxurious settings, natural gardens, all under the sea breeze of the Aegean Sea. Friendly staff, great accommodation, attention to detail; all these ensure a memorable holiday to all of our guests. Sea Side Resort & Spa is a great way to spend your Greek holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your CHC Sea Side Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Side Resort And Spa
- Sea Side Hotel Agia Pelagia
- Sensimar Sea Side Hotel
- CHC Sea Side Resort & Spa Crete/Agia Pelagia