“Excellent friendly hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alte Post

You added Alte Post to your Saves list
Alte Post
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Posthalterweg / An der B 3, 79379 Muellheim, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Muellheim
nottingham
“Excellent friendly hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I went to the hotel in late september for a conference. I attended with 2 colleagues from England, from check in the staff were superb, very humerous and also very pretty. It was lovely weather at the time allowing us to eat outdoors in an area shaded by trees at lunch, with breakfast and dinner indoors. All the food and wine was superb, very fresh and of a high quality. My room had a a little balcony and was very spacious, shower excellent. In all an excellent hotel would definitely recommend and I plan to visit again.

Room Tip: There is an a apartment in the top of the building which one of my colleagues bagged, if a smoker as...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

Old hotel, no elevator, wooden floor. Room has sweet scented because they put aromatics everywhere, and spacious too. There's balcony in some rooms where you can have fresh air. Near to convenience store and the hotel will give you free pass for the gym in the opposite.
Delicious meals, lot varieties of tea. You can access internet for free from PC in the reception. And if you get bored with their food, there's a good Greece restaurant in front of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2008

A German colleague of mine suggested a weekend getaway (I was traveling in Suisse at the time) in Freiburg, Germany. However, when I went to find a hotel, all of them were booked in the city because of a some festival. My colleague then suggested that I try a nice hotel in a small town called Mullheim outside of Freiburg. After a long train ride to Mullheim, my friends and I called the Alte Poste from the Mullheim baden train station, and they offered to send a taxi cab over. You can also walk to the hotel from the station if you are traveling light; it's about a 10 minute walk. The taxi picked my party up and dropped us off at the Alte Poste. The hotel ended up picking up the fare too which was very nice. The outside of the Alte Poste was nice and very suburb/country like in appearance. When we entered, the very friendly/helpful desk clerk treated us to a glass of wine from the area wineries. The hotel lobby area had a very at-home like atmosphere. We were quickly checked in and shown to our rooms. I managed to get the "Zielberg" room which was large and roomy for two people. There was a TV, king size bed, sofa, desk, and bath. One of my friends got a single with bath which was smaller but still roomy for 1 and it had a nice balcony area. We opted to have the hotel include a dinner package with our stay at its in house restaurant and it was excellent. We had 3 course meal with a four course service of wine (again from the area wineries). The hotel does include a continental breakfast in the morning that has fresh breads, cold cuts, cereals, cheeses, fresh squeezed juices, and coffee. The hotel does have WiFi for a daily fee but also has free use of a community pc that is connected to the internet for free by the front desk. The center of Mulheim is about a 10 minute walk were you will find several pubs and a few restaurants. Just nearby is also a nice department store which sells clothing, electronics, food, beverages. All in all an excellent weekend getaway and I will definitely return.

• Liked — The friendly staff, excellent service, and great food and wine
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2006

I cannot praise this lovely hotel highly enough. Booking was straightforward, arrival greeted by warm welcome and glass of wine. We stayed in the holiday flat on the top floor which has two double rooms, 1 single room and a sofabed. There is a large kitchen/living area and enormous bathroom.-perfect for two families travelling with children. Spacious high ceilinged rooms,white walls, artworks, books & poetry give it a quirky leftbank feel. Beds the most comfortable I've ever slept in and everywhere pristine. We were looked after so well-nothing too much trouble-despite fact that on second night there was a wedding reception. Felt we were the only guests such was the service. We ate superb food in the restaurant where charming staff were on hand to help decipher local menu. I have special praise for Katherina Ruser who not only patiently guided us through driving rain to the hotel (it was dark and disorientating by the time we arrived at Mullheim) but who kindly returned my specs that I'd left behind. An absolute joy!

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — The views are mainly of pretty courtyard
  • Tips/Secrets — Travel with friends/family and stay in the top floor flat
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Alte Post? Share your experiences!