“Wine Wonderland” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Mazan
York, England, United Kingdom
“Wine Wonderland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Tasted gastronomic delights and vineous excellence in the tranquility of a auberge with "the english lawn" (a walled garden) and delightful pool.

Visited July 2011
LindaField, Owner at Auberge du Vin, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thanks very much- your comment sums it all up!

france
“It was like a dream...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I had the wonderful opportunity to attend a wine course at Auberge du Vin. From the moment I arrived to the Avignon TGV train station up to my departure from the train station, everything was PERFECT!!! Linda, Chris and Maria (she made such wonderful food that I thought she is a chef of a 5 stars restaurant!!) were wonderful hosts!! They made my stay unforgettable!

The location of the auberge is just amazing! Their house was very welcoming. It made me feel comfortable and very cozy. The room and the bathroom were very clean. It is surrounded by vineyards! The first thing I did every moring when I woke up was open the window and saw miles of vines. It was absolutely wonderful! From the courtyard, you could see Mont Ventoux and the view will just take your breath away…!! I also love to wake up early so I could take a walk in the courtyard and by the pool and just breath in the fresh air of the country side while enjoying myself with the view of Mont Ventoux!! What a great way to start the day!

The wine course itself was also amazing! The course was very organized and informative. Linda was a wonderful instructor and her in depth knowledge of wines made the course even more worthwhile! I was a complete beginner to wine and I enjoyed it very much! I would recommend Auberge du Vin to anyone who wants to learn and enjoy wines while being closer to nature, this IS really the PERFECT place!

Those four nights, to me, was like a dream. If I have to find a word to describe my stay, it would be………wordless.

Visited March 2012
LindaField, Owner at Auberge du Vin, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review. We work hard to ensure our guests have a real holiday with us as well as achieving excellent results in their WSET Wine examinations. Thank you for choosing us!
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing house, hospitality, location and food and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We went to Auberge du Vin, to do our WSET Level 2 and had the most fantastic time. Linda is an excellent teacher and we found the course so interesting. However even if you don't go for the wine, then it's still a place you should visit. Chris has restored the house and gite's beautifully and the hospitality is fantastic, with views of the vineyards and mountains what more could you want.

Visited December 2011
London
“The Perfect Wedding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

My husband and I held our wedding reception in the Auberge du Vin in August 2010 and in our wildest dreams it could not have been more perfect! The Auberge is absolutely beautiful and was ideal accommodation for our families before and after the wedding. The beautiful garden and backdrop of Mont Ventoux provided an absolutely stunning setting for the champagne reception, and the courtyard the perfect place for a meal, speeches and dancing!
Linda and Chris were the most generous, willing and patient hosts anyone could ask for. Linda helped us every step of the way with the organisation and planning of the wedding, and we could not have managed without the enormous amount of effort she put in or her local knowledge and connections. Her champagne and wine recommendations proved to be a huge success with everyone on both the wedding day and poolside bbq the following day.
Both Linda and Chris worked tirelessly to make our day the most special one we have ever had, and we really cannot thank them enough. It was wonderful for us and our families to be so warmly welcomed into the Auberge. It really gave us the freedom to turn our dreams into reality, and make the day very much our own! We are hoping to visit Linda and Chris at the Auberge for many anniversaries to come!
Ed and Alexa

LindaField, Owner at Auberge du Vin, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
If we hosted the perfect wedding, it was because Alexa and Ed were the perfect couple to work with.
This was our first big wedding and they inspired us enormously with their romantic vision and their personalised touches. Fresh lavender on the tables, heart shaped decorations, candles and hand written place cards were ideas we will adopt for future celebrations. Thank you Alexa and Ed for making it a very special day for us too, and we look forward to welcoming you back with a glass of your wedding champagne anytime. Linda and Chris
Toronto
“Fabulous environment to enjoy great food, wine, hospitality and scenery.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

Have just come back from three days in this perfect setting. Would highly recommend spending time at the Auberge to unwind and enjoy the peacefulness of the scenery and the fantastic hospitality of Linda and Chris. Thank you for making my stay so memorable and I certainly will be back for more. Antoinette