In my view, this hotel is dated and in need of a re-fit to restore it to a level that would be commensurate with the price. At the moment it is simply poor value for money.
Bed linen in our room was extremely worn and had large holes in the duvet cover. It was replaced upon my request however the new set was in an equally poor condition (smaller holes this time!).
The pool area was not sufficiently cleaned and left overnight with used towels strewn across the beds. Our room had a view of the pool so this was not particularly attractive and certainly not worth the additional sum paid for a room with a view!
Breakfast lacks the fresh produce that you would expect in a French chateau at this price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Dordogne, near Bordeaux, Saint-Emilion and Sarlat in the heart of Bergerac vineyards and forests on the hills of the Dordogne river, Château les Merles offers a gourmet restaurant, a boutique luxury hotel and a challenging 9-hole golf course with driving range and putting green, swimming pool, tennis court and wellness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Escapio, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Chateau les Merles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Les Merles Mouleydier
- Chateau Les Merles France/Mouleydier