“Excellent Luxury Property in this Area filled with 2 and 3 star hotels” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Royal Castle

and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Royal Castle to your Saves list
Hotel Royal Castle
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Elenite Resort, Elenite 8259, Bulgaria   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Elenite
London
“Excellent Luxury Property in this Area filled with 2 and 3 star hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Hotel Royal Castle is a 4-5 star property with unfortunatley 3 star service and attention to detail. The building, rooms, restaurants and facilities are really top notch and high quality,easily 4-5 star quality. However the service and staff from the front desk to the restaurants is not of the same standard. Not horrible, not rude, just not in line with the high quality surroundings. I still would highly recommend it, but patience is needed when dealing with the front desk and other staff. This may be picky, but as an example one of the main restaurants is an excellent venue and the food and wine list was extensive and impressive. However the wait staff did not know how to properly pour the wine and did not check to see if we needed refills. Another example was that I called down to the front desk to request a late checkout and I was told by the very busy front office staff that it would be better for me to come down to the front desk and explain my request.

I sound like I'm being overly critical, I'm not. Like I said, I HIGHLY recommend this property. It's a new property and the staff just needs proper 4-5 star hotel level training and experience then it will rate a 5 star rating from me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Varna, Varna, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

As always, expectations have been exceeded. The Royal Castle is definitely the best 5 star hotel on the Bulgarian Sea Coast.

We have stayed at Royal Castle over 12 times and will keep coming back. Previous management which had some problems has been replaced with more attentive staff.

The property and the rooms are uniquely designed and comfortable. The spa center is one of the best, if not the best in all of Bulgaria.

This hotel makes a perfect getaway destination for both winter and summer months. In the winter, it's truly secluded and nice to get away. In the summer it beats the noisy drunk crowds that you'll experience in Sunny Beach or other sea coast resorts.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suites don't have a door on the second sleeping area, as it it shared with the com...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Me and my husband love travelling and we always stay in 5* hotels. I must honestly say there are not many good 5 * hotels in Bulgaria. Royal Castle is close to the definition of a 5 star, however it could not be compared to a 5 star hotel in Dubai, for example, or in Europe. Mainly it lacks good service. The food in the restaurants also does not bring a 5 * dining experience.
The design of the hotel and the atmosphere in the rooms, on the other hand, really gives you a nice feeling. The SPA is really good, the indoor pool is unique with its underwater music.
The rooms are kept clean, which is the most important. The beds are very comfortable.
We are happy with our stay and we would go back. We would also reccommend it to others. After all, the money you pay is worth what you get ( if you close your eyes for the service).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Varna, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is one of the most amazing ones in Bulgaria.
The atmosphere itself makes you feel as if you are in a fairy tale. Both interior and exterior are magnificent - very shiny and spectacular.
Rooms are spacious, bright and clean.
The SPA is unique and the staff is very helpful

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is marketed as one of they best in Bulgaria. Well is it is certainly glamerous, the interiors are very glossy. I went with a Bulgarian who maybe gets a little more of the inside track than most.

It is in the vein of the recent hotels in Belek in Turkey, big and glam and attracts the sort of nouveau riche Russian and Ukrainian set that Belek does. We got the impression the emphasis could do with being realigned towards the western europeans. The room we had was a junior suite, lots of bespoke fixtures and decor. We didn't use the spa. The food was decent and the staff organised and helpful.

So what let this place down? Well hate to say maybe some of the clients, it turned out the drain in the shower had been blocked up by the previous occupants so it flooded the carpet! Why stuff toilet paper into the drain? What country, what culture do that????! Also a party of Italians were being blamed for pinching many of the halogen bulbs (come on guys, why???) so not all the lights worked, and the interior handle to the toilet room came off in my hand. Not sure why the chamber maids had not noticed all these things, but we made friends with the engineers! Note to the management. It was late in the season so I understand the reception staff were a little tired but they were smart and polite. Not enough security in the lobby, on one evening there was an inexperieced receptionist on her own and an undressed Ukrainian spawled out in the downstairs bar area - not good. The owners seemed to have more security than the hotel! and they could do with uniforms.

We did not stay long enough to get bored by the food and it should be noted that there are more than one restaurant and if you hire a car then there are hundreds of eateries within half an hour's drive.

So Britain, go and stay, have your say.

Room Tip: Here again, ask if you can up grade but I daresay the smaller rooms were good too.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Donegal Town, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks holiday staying in the Royal Castle. The appearance of the hotel is breath - taking, wonderful the room we stayed in was a suite with sea views it was lovely. And that is where it ends. Firstly the reception staff are indifferent to help organize tours etc. wake up calls requested did not happen thankfully we are early risers so didn't miss our tour no breakfast (sandwich etc) offered.We also had to spend time trying to get cleaning staff to service the room with one cleaner helping me from the floor below because she felt sorry for us, for the last two days we had one hand towel between us even though I had asked four times to four different staff that the towels had not been replaced in our room. We also ended up buying our own coffee, sugar etc from the supermarket as I got fed up running around trying to find some one to replace the coffee etc after day one. The food in the morning and evening (we where HB ) was fine something to suit everyone, hot food would always be on the cool side.Grounds are kept immaculate music playing all day repetitive tune it still comes into my head yet. Bar staff at the pool bar are with out doubt the friendliest people working there even though English was hard for them they really made the effort to speak to us everyday. Would I return to this hotel no I would not would I recommend this hotel no I would not. We are not fussy people nor do we complain easily, as I said hotel exterior and interior is beautiful but it finishes there, other than the staff at the pool bar and one girl in the restaurant and the lady who helped me from the floor below the rest of the staff are just not interested in their work.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bucharest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel is close to the beach, the view is amazing and if you take junior room you will found a very nice and big room – pick one with the big balcony 
I had lunch and dinner at the hotel– the food is the same every day and after 2-3 days you will get bored of the same food.

The check in is at 14:00 but we wait until 16:00 – so take your time :(

and the spa...is one of the best :)

Room Tip: don't take a shower in the morning or evening - hot water will be a dream, when is everybody at...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Royal Castle? Share your experiences!