“Very good location, poor employee and old rooms.” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Bulgaria
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Aleksandrovska str, Burgas 8000, Bulgaria   |
Ranked #6 of 24 hotels in Burgas
Istanbul, Turkey
“Very good location, poor employee and old rooms.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Rooms are need to repair.Building remains from communist regym,really cool architect and smart original decoration.But needs really good fixing many things.Rugs smells dust,rooms smells deeply smoke.
Employee stoned all the time.They like a wall. No reaction,no communication.Some girls on reception was helpful but mostly looks like sombody forcing them to be there!!
Breakfast is great,many international and domestic choises on open buffet.They pretty expensive because it was only one in Burgas 20 years ago, but they still in dreaming.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Batufuat,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review hotel Bulgaria Burgas!

We agree that our perfect location is one of our most valuable assets. We are also making everyday efforts to make our hotel more comfortable and enjoyable place to stay as we are trying to make our services better and even more satisfactory for our guests.

Please, next you visit out hotel and you notice something which is letting you down contact a manager or leave a comment so we can take adequate actions.

Hoping to see you as a guest of hotel Bulgaria Burgas again!

Marketing manager
Hotel Bulgaria burgas

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Short business trip, so decided upon a central hotel. That is as far as I would recommend this establishment. Breakfast was inedible, staff indifferent bordering upon rude. Room dated and spartan. Hotel in need of total refurb. Prostitutes openly plying for trade within the hotel. This in no way a 4 star hotel - I travel extensively and would rate this as between 2 and 3 stars (leaning more to 2).

• Stayed October 2012
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Simonsolo1

I am so sorry that you were disappointed from your stay in hotel Bulgaria Burgas. I respect your opinion and I do not want to argue with you about it but I think that a description like "appalling" is far far away from the standard and the services that we offer to our guests. We receive many positive reviews and letters of thanks from our guests and that is why I am so surprised by getting such e negative review.

We are working every day for improving the services that we offer, so next time you visit us I hope you will be more satisfied.

In connection with the breakfast I can only mention that we have a large variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, cold cuts and cheeses, continental and English breakfast. Our breakfast is being approved by 90% of our guests. Obviously you are at those 10% who did not like it.

Even though as I said above we would love to see you as our guest again and I am sure you will get a better experience with us.

Kfar Saba, HaMerkaz, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Generally, the hotel is nice. We got a room with a view to the beach, this is a must! It's also located in the best location in the city of burgas. 10 mins walk to the beach, 2 mins walk to the pedestrian malls. The price is too expensive for such an old hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room in high floor and a sea view. It's a must!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Tomer G,

Thank you very much for staying at hotel Bulgaria Burgas and taking the time to review our hotel !

We are glad that you were able to enjoy some of our main advantages - the perfect location /the best in Burgas/ and the magnificent panoramic views over the city and the Black sea.

We hope to see you as our guest again!

Burgas, Bulgaria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotell is not too recomand to any one !!! Nothings works. Aircond, foodservice, no roomservice and the communication is very bad. They are not yet preparde to have turists in Bulgaria !"...........................................................................

Room Tip: Maybe another hotell..........
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
DeaR Frode B,

I am very much suspicious that you have stayed at our hotel at all. We have individually controlled air conditioning system in every room, we have room service from 7 am until 11 pm and most of all we have not had any complaints from our services in the past days. So if you stayed at our hotel and you were not satisfied with our services why didn't you complain at the reception desk or at the restaurant's manager ?
As far as I see this is you first review and you are from Burgas, so I think it is written with malicious intention.

Sorry if I am mistaken but I doubt so.

Marketing manager
Bulgaria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is not 4 star at all!!! No more than 2 star! Dirty carpet, old furniture in the smallest room I ever been, no toiletries in the bathroom. If you want to use the jacuzzi you have to pay for, if you want to use the thinnest underground parking you have to pay for it again and can scratch your car and so on. They didn't find our reservation half an hour and just say The hotel is fully booked, there is no room available. The breakfast was good enough. Overall Not recommendable at all.

• Stayed August 2012
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for reviewing hotel Bulgaria Burgas.

I am so much surprised by the opinion that you have written and I am very sorry for the disappointment that you have from you stay with us.

I would like just to clarify that you have stayed at hotel Bulgaria during the biggest music festival in Bulgaria when all the hotels in Burgas are fully booked months before the event. It is true that for the period 3-6 August hotel Bulgaria was totally sold out and we had like 20 requests for reservation on stand by in case of cancellation. This is not an excuse of course, but is is a fact that the girls at the reception desk were extremely busy during these days.

In all advertisements and presentations that we have it is said that the swimming pool is free of charge, but yes, the jaccuzzi is an extra that one should pay for as well as the massages, the sauna and the steam room.

The parking lot in front of the hotel is owned and managed by the city municipality, so you pay to them and not to hotel Bulgaria. Unfortunately this is how the hotel was build back in 1976 and there is nothing what we can do about it.

All our rooms were renovated in the period between 2003 and 2009 so I do not think that they are as old as you describe it. Everyone has the right of opinion though and I respect yours.

And finally we do have toiletries in every room. If it really happened like that and you didn't have toiletries in you room please let me know the room number so I can investigate the case.

I hope we'll have the chance to see you again as our guest, so we'll have the opportunity to show you how comfortable and how welcoming our staff and our hotel may be.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The rooms in this renovated hotel are quite OK. Also all facilities seems not bad at all. Rooms are spacious and are clean. The only problem with this hotel is the staff at the reception. They are totally inefficient and are shouting to their customers. Didn't believe it. It's a pity this service, otherwise I should rate this hotel with more credits.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for choosing hotel Bulgaria for your stay in Burgas !

We are so glad that you were satisfied with the services and the amenities that we offer to our guests.

I am personally very sorry about your disappointment from out reception desk staff. They are usually very friendly and polite. I do not not the reason that they reacted like that towards you, but I would like to apologize on their behalf. If you let me know the date you were treated rude and impolite we shall investigate the case.

I can assure you that we do our best to offer first class services to our guests and we keep on working hard on that.

We hope to see you again as our guest !
Bulgaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Nice 4 star hotel in the heart of the city. Near the railway and bus stations. Well maintained, clean rooms with new furniture. The only unpleasant impression women cleaning the rooms. Noisy in the morning directly into a room without even knock! This happened to me twice, the tenth and ninth floors. Excellent breakfast. In a word, good hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Bulgaria? Share your experiences!