Our stay at La Cusigna was amazing. It provided a relaxing family retreat for us. Geinier Guzman was a gracious, wonderful, friendly host. The chef provided a variety of fresh-cooked home-made meals that I truly miss! They were amazing….and food is an important part of any vacation.
The property offered us a true look of the beauty Costa Rica offers. With perfect sunny day-time weather, and a few exciting late afternoon lightning storms, our large cozy, comfortable cabin, provided us with the kind of atmosphere unique to Costa Rica. Imagine lying in a giant hammock with a gorgeous view of the ocean, rainforest, animals, birds, and flora all at your fingertips. What more could you ask for.
Fresh flowers, soap dishes made of conch shells and wooden furniture made by hand on the property add the true Costa Rican flair. Think of this place as a gigantic treasure chest that you just found and you will be the happiest person on earth!
We hope to return year after year to this area where you can find beautiful beaches, hiking, horseback-riding, boat trips, and any activity you want. And the best thing about it....sustainable development, life without over-development. It is truly a hidden tranquil piece of Costa Rica that one should not miss seeing. Hopefully it never changes!
The nearby town of BAHIA BALLENA DE OSA is another must see. There is an amazing butterfly colony. Check out their web-site: www.butterflycolony.org. The artwork and butterfly garden are prime examples of how ecology can combine with business to promote conservation by providing a rationale for local people to protect local habitats and the rainforest. You must see it.
Bahia Ballena is amazing. You travel through it when visiting an awesome park called Ballena National Marine Park. It protects the largest coral reef on the Pacific coast and is home to a wide range of animal and plant species, among them oysters, shells and many types of tropical fish. We took an amazing boat ride from this town, Pelican Tours, snorkeled and saw many dolphins!
When visiting Costa Rica be sure to visit these places....and by the way, I'm not fond of bad roads and was concerned when reading how bad Costa Rican roads are. They are NOT nearly as bad as everyone makes them out to be. Just rent a 4X4 and you'll be fine. The sites and beautiful scenery you will see on the way to these two magnificient places is stunning! You've gotta go and get there quick!!!
And last but not least....the people of Costa Rica are the most friendly, giving people I've ever met. The majority speak English and are helpful, kind and caring. Amazing, simply amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the hilltops overlooking the pristine beaches of Costa Rica's still-virgin south pacific, where the ocean crashes into the jungle sits La Cusinga. Tucked away in a private reserve of over 600 acres, this rainforest lodge provides guests with sweeping ocean views, sandy beaches, natural pools, and the chance to experience the burgeoning forests and astonishing wildlife of the country's most famous ecosystem - OSA. The hotel offers ten rooms designed with sustainably-harvested wood and local materials to maximize comfort while minimizing impact on the environment. The open-air restaurant creates an ideal setting for couples and families alike to enjoy delicious tropical dishes made with fresh produce grown on our farm. In addition to the hundreds of acres of privately-owned primary and secondary forest, the lodge borders the Ballena Marine National Park, one of only two nationally-protected marine zones in the whole country. The lodge's genuine commitment to sustainable practices along with our first-hand experience in local and national conservation efforts enrich our guests' appreciation of these ecosystems and the importance of their continued preservation. This unique insight enhances the exploration of the natural surroundings while the beautiful location offers the tranquility of fresh ocean breezes and breathtaking sunsets that make for the perfect tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your La Cusinga Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cusinga Eco Hotel Uvita
- La Cusinga Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita