I stayed in La Cusinga for about a week in April 2010. La Cusinga offered me a unique experience in the tropics. Its beauty comes from the well protected nature that nourishes every moment of the day with monkeys, birds, insects, crabs, ocean waves... T
here are exciting track paths and a quiet beach with a small rainfall. La Cusinga is paradise for those who long for nature - no grill smoke, no upbeat music, no elevators, no frills. Food is great. Rooms are clean. Team is friendly.
Go there if you are fed up with the "hygenic" authenticity of boutique hotels and you are looking for "authentic" authenticity. You will have to walk about 10 mins in the rainforest to reach the ocean. You will wake up with howling monkeys. Moths will land on your laptop as you work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the hilltops overlooking the pristine beaches of Costa Rica's still-virgin south pacific, where the ocean crashes into the jungle sits La Cusinga. Tucked away in a private reserve of over 600 acres, this rainforest lodge provides guests with sweeping ocean views, sandy beaches, natural pools, and the chance to experience the burgeoning forests and astonishing wildlife of the country's most famous ecosystem - OSA. The hotel offers ten rooms designed with sustainably-harvested wood and local materials to maximize comfort while minimizing impact on the environment. The open-air restaurant creates an ideal setting for couples and families alike to enjoy delicious tropical dishes made with fresh produce grown on our farm. In addition to the hundreds of acres of privately-owned primary and secondary forest, the lodge borders the Ballena Marine National Park, one of only two nationally-protected marine zones in the whole country. The lodge's genuine commitment to sustainable practices along with our first-hand experience in local and national conservation efforts enrich our guests' appreciation of these ecosystems and the importance of their continued preservation. This unique insight enhances the exploration of the natural surroundings while the beautiful location offers the tranquility of fresh ocean breezes and breathtaking sunsets that make for the perfect tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Cusinga Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cusinga Eco Hotel Uvita
- La Cusinga Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita