I absolutely LOVED La Cusinga Eco Lodge. I feel that it is extremely important that when you have the special opportunity to travel that you ensure that how you travel does not hurt the country/place, but helps support, sustain, and enables it to thrive. La Cusinga Eco Lodge is a place that I can confidently can say does that for Costa Rica, the Osa, and Parque Ballena. From the green electricity to obtaining ingredients for their restaurant from their organic farm La Cusinga embodies stewardship. I also love that they are apart of Bandera Azul!! The lodge is beautiful, the wildlife is exquisite, and the the beaches you have access to are deserted and picture perfect. The fresh water stream running through the property is crystal clear and refreshing to swim in. On top of all that the staff is extremely hospitable. The overlook lounge area gives you more than 180 degree views and I was blessed with multiple whale sightings!! I can not say enough good things about La Cusinga, oh yeah the rooms are amazing as well!! May you enjoy your time there as much as I did. I will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the hilltops overlooking the pristine beaches of Costa Rica's still-virgin south pacific, where the ocean crashes into the jungle sits La Cusinga. Tucked away in a private reserve of over 600 acres, this rainforest lodge provides guests with sweeping ocean views, sandy beaches, natural pools, and the chance to experience the burgeoning forests and astonishing wildlife of the country's most famous ecosystem - OSA. The hotel offers ten rooms designed with sustainably-harvested wood and local materials to maximize comfort while minimizing impact on the environment. The open-air restaurant creates an ideal setting for couples and families alike to enjoy delicious tropical dishes made with fresh produce grown on our farm. In addition to the hundreds of acres of privately-owned primary and secondary forest, the lodge borders the Ballena Marine National Park, one of only two nationally-protected marine zones in the whole country. The lodge's genuine commitment to sustainable practices along with our first-hand experience in local and national conservation efforts enrich our guests' appreciation of these ecosystems and the importance of their continued preservation. This unique insight enhances the exploration of the natural surroundings while the beautiful location offers the tranquility of fresh ocean breezes and breathtaking sunsets that make for the perfect tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Cusinga Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cusinga Eco Hotel Uvita
- La Cusinga Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita