We visited with our family ( 2 and 4 year old + mother in law). The setting is to die for!!! The food excellent. The service superb. They went out of the way to accommodate the small children. The drive down from San Jose was a breeze (I had heard horror stories about roads in Costa Rica and had driven to Atlantic the week before.)
We went for walks, saw lots of birds, frogs, visited the arco beach, with millions of crabs ( was our national geographic moment - the crabs only come out when you are a little away so you see all these crabs but as you walk there is nothing beneath your feet), visited the farmers market in Uvita, went the the Marino Balena park.... We swam daily in the sea. Being a hobby carpenter I was amazed at the construction at La Cusinga with hard woods.
Thanks La Cusinga! we will definitely visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the hilltops overlooking the pristine beaches of Costa Rica's still-virgin south pacific, where the ocean crashes into the jungle sits La Cusinga. Tucked away in a private reserve of over 600 acres, this rainforest lodge provides guests with sweeping ocean views, sandy beaches, natural pools, and the chance to experience the burgeoning forests and astonishing wildlife of the country's most famous ecosystem - OSA. The hotel offers ten rooms designed with sustainably-harvested wood and local materials to maximize comfort while minimizing impact on the environment. The open-air restaurant creates an ideal setting for couples and families alike to enjoy delicious tropical dishes made with fresh produce grown on our farm. The lodge's genuine commitment to sustainable practices along with our first-hand experience in local and national conservation efforts enrich our guests' appreciation of these ecosystems and the importance of their continued preservation. This unique insight enhances the exploration of the natural surroundings while the beautiful location offers the tranquility of fresh ocean breezes and breathtaking sunsets that make for the perfect tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Cusinga Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cusinga Eco Hotel Uvita
- La Cusinga Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita