We spent 6 days at La Cucinga and enjoyed every moment. The staff are incredibly friendly yet non-intrusive. The food is fresh, delicious, served in copious amounts and accompanied by amazing fresh juices. We are both vegetarians and, given our relatively long stay, there wasn't quite as much variety in our meals as appeared in the "normal" food. But it was all so good, fresh, and homemade that it wasn't an issue. The eating area (like everywhere else on at the lodge) has great views and a casual feel. We particularly liked that, while other guests were friendly, it seemed like all were there for a true, quiet, nature retreat- none of the loud, abrasive, (generally American) conversations to disrupt a meal in nature.
The room was lovely- simple and comfortable, comfy outdoor rocking chairs, a fantastic view, plenty of airflow through the many windows. The few times we were in the room during the day, the fan was more than sufficient to keep the room at a comfortable temperature and the shaded patio made sitting outside extremely pleasant.
Between the eating area, our room, and the trails on the property, we found La Cusinga to have a higher density of wildlife then any of the parks we visited in CR!
We booked La Cusinga via a surf/yoga holiday with Bodhi Surf and were lucky enough to have 5 led yoga sessions and a few self- practice sessions at La Cusinga's amazing yoga platform. It is, by far, the most stunning place I have practiced yoga.
While in CR we saw countless places that billed themselves as "eco retreats", "eco lodges", "eco trips", etc. For a number of these places, "eco" didn't seem to mean much beyond branding. La Cusinga truly makes every effort to be truly eco- from their thoughtful land management, building practices, lack of A/C, to their support of local communities and engagement in broader conservation initiatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the hilltops overlooking the pristine beaches of Costa Rica's still-virgin south pacific, where the ocean crashes into the jungle sits La Cusinga. Tucked away in a private reserve of over 600 acres, this rainforest lodge provides guests with sweeping ocean views, sandy beaches, natural pools, and the chance to experience the burgeoning forests and astonishing wildlife of the country's most famous ecosystem - OSA. The hotel offers ten rooms designed with sustainably-harvested wood and local materials to maximize comfort while minimizing impact on the environment. The open-air restaurant creates an ideal setting for couples and families alike to enjoy delicious tropical dishes made with fresh produce grown on our farm. In addition to the hundreds of acres of privately-owned primary and secondary forest, the lodge borders the Ballena Marine National Park, one of only two nationally-protected marine zones in the whole country. The lodge's genuine commitment to sustainable practices along with our first-hand experience in local and national conservation efforts enrich our guests' appreciation of these ecosystems and the importance of their continued preservation. This unique insight enhances the exploration of the natural surroundings while the beautiful location offers the tranquility of fresh ocean breezes and breathtaking sunsets that make for the perfect tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your La Cusinga Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cusinga Eco Hotel Uvita
- La Cusinga Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita