La Cusinga is special. Lovely views from well-appointed cabins made from local natural stone and wood by skilled artisans. The yoga platform, large covered wood sextagon overlooking the views, would be such a natural for a yoga retreat. There's a spacious bath house with lockers and showers adjacent. The website cannot capture the sweep of rain forest terrain overlooking the Pacific. Playa del Arco (Rainbow Beach) is a stunning arc of sand. A seacave can be walked at low tide to another secluded beach south of this. Howler monkies on the cliffs, frigate birds overhead, warm water swimming--what a treasure. The staff is delightful, very helpful and spoke English well. Be sure to enjoy all the meals, prepared from fresh food grown on site, with locally caught fish. This Lodge is dedicated to environmentally sound practices, and framing the beauty of the land they steward so well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the hilltops overlooking the pristine beaches of Costa Rica's still-virgin south pacific, where the ocean crashes into the jungle sits La Cusinga. Tucked away in a private reserve of over 600 acres, this rainforest lodge provides guests with sweeping ocean views, sandy beaches, natural pools, and the chance to experience the burgeoning forests and astonishing wildlife of the country's most famous ecosystem - OSA. The hotel offers ten rooms designed with sustainably-harvested wood and local materials to maximize comfort while minimizing impact on the environment. The open-air restaurant creates an ideal setting for couples and families alike to enjoy delicious tropical dishes made with fresh produce grown on our farm. In addition to the hundreds of acres of privately-owned primary and secondary forest, the lodge borders the Ballena Marine National Park, one of only two nationally-protected marine zones in the whole country. The lodge's genuine commitment to sustainable practices along with our first-hand experience in local and national conservation efforts enrich our guests' appreciation of these ecosystems and the importance of their continued preservation. This unique insight enhances the exploration of the natural surroundings while the beautiful location offers the tranquility of fresh ocean breezes and breathtaking sunsets that make for the perfect tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your La Cusinga Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cusinga Eco Hotel Uvita
- La Cusinga Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita