“Beautiful Eco-Lodge, Relaxing, What a View, Great People” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Uvita
Port Ludlow, Washington
“Beautiful Eco-Lodge, Relaxing, What a View, Great People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We just can't say enough about this wonderful Lodge and the people who work there. Very friendly and knowledgeable about the property, always willing to let us know what there was to see and do. There's a beautiful hike to a beach nearby and the water was the warmest I've ever been in and I'm from Hawaii! Hiked through a cave, and went swimming in a waterfall that was on the property later in the evening. The food was terrific, full of flavor and beautiful display. The view while dining or relaxing on the veranda was spectacular. Definitely the place to stay if visiting Uvita!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Geinier, General Manager at La Cusinga Eco Lodge, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Pura Vida! Thank you for your review! Hope that you return again. And from all of us at La Cusinga we wish you a Feliz Navidad and a Happy New Year!

343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
West Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have stayed at eco-lodges before and this one really fits the idea that most people have about what an eco-lodge should be like. Probably the best part of it is the location. There is a great (usually deserted) beach about 15 minutes away, although the path may not be easy for everyone. There is also a really great natural pool, also about 15 minutes away. We really enjoyed both places. The cabins are also very nice, although a little dark even in the day. There is also a lot of wildlife (many monkeys, coatis, lizards, snakes, etc). Nothing dangerous, of course!
The only real problem was the school groups and even these were a problem only at certain meals. The lodge contains a large dormitory-type area, which while we were there, seemed to be occupied exclusively by young teenagers. At meal-times, which everyonen takes together, the regular guests line up with the teenagers. It seemed a little bit odd, and could have been avoided by having two separate sittings or some similar arrangement. Other than that, we liked this place and would likely recommend it, although it might be more oriented toward families with older children or teenagers!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Geinier, General Manager at La Cusinga Eco Lodge, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for your review and more so for the feedback about meals! we are glad that you had a good time with us! about the meals, we are looking at your recommendations and i believe that it is a very easy and will give us a solution to this issue... as i might think that others might have the same issue as you did! Thank you for given us the issue and a solution! We hope that the next time you can come back and enjoy it 100% :o) Pura Vida!
Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Anything else in the region will be no alternative. Magnificent views, friendly staff, good food and a wonderful atmosphere. Rooms big and tidy. Sort of a private beach and noce trails for a short walk.

Rob

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Geinier, General Manager at La Cusinga Eco Lodge, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
thank you for your visit and for taking your time to share your experience with the world! So cool to get great reviews and to know that this is the result of a great team that works on making your stay a memorable experience! again thank you and look forward to your return, and let your friends and family know about us :) Muchas Gracias!
Winter Park, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Across the board, this lodge is excellent; the staff, the food, the trails on the property, the cabins, the views, everything! My wife and I traveled two weeks in Costa Rica and La Cusinga was the best over all experience. And I can't say enough about Adam, we took the public bus from San Isidro that dropped us off at the entrance on the side of the highway and he met us on a rainy evening with a flashlight and umbrella. He and his staff will also patiently practice Spanish with you. All in all, La Cusinga is awesome and I highly recommend staying 3-4 nights.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Geinier, General Manager at La Cusinga Eco Lodge, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you for taking your time and giving us a review, and sharing your experience with the world! And thank you for letting me know that our team member, Adam, went the extra step and took extra care of you! One of the reasons i love this team is because of that... they love what they do and they are legit. Muchas gracias for sharing!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Very nice and friendly staff, nice food, and good cabins - the wildlife is right outside your door, with coatis, toucans and agoutis frequenting the premises. There is a small secluded beach nearby which you might have all to yourself - which is, ofcourse, a deep-rooted need in human psychology. Just frolick in the waves with the green wall of the jungle as a background. The view from the central area (where the restaurant is) over the Pacific Ocean is superb. Catch the sunset there and hear the rainforest night chorus come alive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Pura Vida! I am so glad that you liked the beach! we have struggled with the government and some investors as they wanted to make it a south beach type of place and for more than 10 years we had been able to keep it the way it is! Thank you for visiting us and giving us encouragement that we are doing thinks right! Muchas Gracias!
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Adam and Noilyn were very friendly and helpful and had a wealth of knowledge about the property. You could spend days on the trails and in the swimming hole (best kept secret on the property!). A four course dinner was delicious and a great value for the dollar. The room was a little small and barren which wasn't much of a problem as we wanted to be outdoors enjoying the place and the people. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
RobertD thank you for your review and for your kind words! La Cusinga is a place full of places to explore and to enjoy! I am glad that our team took good care of you!!! again thank you for visiting our hidden gem and we look forward to a future return! Gracias!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed at La Cusinga Lodge because of a vacation package I made with Bodhi Surf School. What can I say? Beautiful! I had a very spacious room that had a nice cross breeze so I was never too hot. In fact I had to use a blanket one evening.

The staff was helpful and extremely professional. The food was great. I felt guilty when I couldn't finish my meals. The sounds, creatures, plants, the view of the ocean, I couldn't have asked for anything better. This is a very successful sustainable, environmentally friendly lodge. The architecture was just beautiful and very well planned. So not only do you enjoy the view and the flora and fauna, the lodge feels like it's a part of it all. And in fact, it is. A very peaceful, relaxing experience.

I had yoga lessons at their beautiful yoga space. What an experience. I highly recommend the lessons with Pilar. She's an amazing instructor.

One aside, and in no way am I trying to disrespect the lodge, but there is a beautiful small beach near the lodge and they have posted signs that repeatedly warn you to watch your belongs when you get there. I even had a staff member warn me but I wasn't worried because I had nothing valuable in my bag. Needless to say, I was about to leave the water whileI was at the beach when I saw a guy grab my bag (thankfully he left my shoes!) and quickly disappear into the forest. It was hilarious simply because he only got some sweaty clothes and what-not. Needless to say this could happen anywhere. Just want guests to know to heed the warnings! Just bring sweaty clothes to the beach! No cash or valuables!

I highly recommend La Cusinga. I hope to visit in the near future. It was just beautiful!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at La Cusinga Eco Lodge, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for the review! Glad that you had a good time!! We love it when people get what we are about!
It is hard for us to see the events at the beach, but we have tried to coordinate with the local police and the park rangers and they are acting on getting the thieves.

Been to La Cusinga Eco Lodge? Share your experiences!