My wife and I booked 3 nights in early February and liked it enough to ask at the front desk if we could stay longer. Like most other vistiors to Costa Rica we pack our days with all the activities we can and by late afternoon, early evening we're ready to relax. This is the perfect hotel for that.
Huge refreshing pool, large off room, private patio with a gorgeous view, comfortable lounge chairs and fast room service. Every square foot of the common areas, rooms and restaurant are clean and spotless. All staff were polite and responded to any request we had in as professional and friendly a manner as you will find anywhere. It is secluded enough so you hear nothing but birds, waves and everyones favorites, the howler monkeys. Our only dissapointment was the discovery that easy access to one of the nicest small beaches is a poorly marked dirt road directly across the road from the entrance driveway to the hotel. We will not go back to this area of Costa Rica and stay any where else. BTW. The food in the restaurant is excellent, though on the expensive side. Understandable I suppose if you think of what it must take to get all this food transported through the country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Resort Cristal Ballena is located in the midst of its own 12-hectare grounds, very close to the unique "Marino Ballena" Marine National Park and mountains covered in rainforest. The hotel features 14 Junior Suites, 3 Master Suites, along with 2 Family suites. Due to its excellent location, our guests can enjoy breathtaking ocean views from the big balcony. Our stylish, spacious Suites are equipped with four-poster bed, AC, ceiling fan, WLan, TV, telephone, minibar, safe, coffee maker and hairdryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Cristal Ballena Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Cristal Ballena Osa Peninsula
- Hotel Cristal Ballena Resort Costa Rica/Uvita