My daughter, son-in-law and I spent 4 days at the hilltop resort overlooking the Pacific Ocean in January. They enjoyed the hike through the rainforest with the owner's dog leading the way! We all walked down the hill to do the fitness trail. On the way back one day, one of the men cut a hole in 3 coconuts and gave us each one to drink the coconut water..very refreshing! We must have looked like we needed a drink!
The breakfast buffet was delicious with good variety. The menu for lunch and supper was varied. We had purchased an all-inclusive type package so only paid for drinks. We did find the alcoholic drinks a bit pricey.
The pool was absolutely perfect. It was crystal clean but didn't reek of chemicals as some pools do. And who wouldn't love swimming in such a beautiful pool as you looked out on the ocean?
The reception staff were friendly and booked our tour of the Mangroves with Oscar and Felix...we would highly recommend that three hour pontoon ride on the Sierpe River viewing all kinds of wildlife. The staff also drove us down to the beach where we spent a couple hours and even saw the Jesus Christ lizard walking across the water of a stream that fed into the ocean. Quite a sight!
Our rooms were large, modern, bright, air conditioned, with a verandah overlooking the ocean. It was from our verandah that I saw my first Toucan. It was my second visit to Costa Rica and my first sighting. I was thrilled.
Waldemar and his wife have made a beautiful garden retreat for their guests. I appreciated the fact they put name plates by the trees and plants to identify them. Who knew ficus grew so big? At home they are just plants but here they are trees.
LOVED the Cristal Ballena!
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Cristal Ballena Osa Peninsula
- Hotel Cristal Ballena
- Hotel Cristal Ballena Resort Costa Rica/Uvita
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Resort Cristal Ballena is located in the midst of its own 12-hectare grounds, very close to the unique "Marino Ballena" Marine National Park and mountains covered in rainforest. The hotel features 14 Junior Suites, 3 Master Suites, along with 2 Family suites. Due to its excellent location, our guests can enjoy breathtaking ocean views from the big balcony. Our stylish, spacious Suites are equipped with four-poster bed, AC, ceiling fan, WLan, TV, telephone, minibar, safe, coffee maker and hairdryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Hotel Cristal Ballena Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.