I stayed here one weekend with a friend and we shared a suite with two queen beds and a lovely balcony. The weather that weekend was not conducive to going whale watching, which was what we'd hoped to do, but the hotel and the large pool proved to be a nice place to simply relax.
Our room was large and the mosquito netting over the beds made the AC a little useless, but it was still comfortable, especially after taking a night swim in the pool. We didn't eat here because it was too expensive for our budget, but having a car allowed us to find a couple of nice local places where we ate wonderful, fresh ceviche and entero pescado frita (whole fried fish....yumm.) There is a nice walking trail on property for viewing wildlife, but we were too lazy to use it on this particular weekend. Being a bit off the tourist path makes it just right if you are looking for that lovely getaway with an ocean view. Oh, there is a pastry/bakery in the town of Uvita that has absolutely wonderful fresh, baked pastries, breads and calzone like sandwiches....very inexpensive! Do bring mosquito spray for night....the mosquitos linger in droves outside of the rooms at night....we just sprayed around our doors before we entered and never had them in our rooms. They were not a problem in the daytime.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Resort Cristal Ballena is located in the midst of its own 12-hectare grounds, very close to the unique "Marino Ballena" Marine National Park and mountains covered in rainforest. The hotel features 14 Junior Suites, 3 Master Suites, along with 2 Family suites. Due to its excellent location, our guests can enjoy breathtaking ocean views from the big balcony. Our stylish, spacious Suites are equipped with four-poster bed, AC, ceiling fan, WLan, TV, telephone, minibar, safe, coffee maker and hairdryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Cristal Ballena Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Cristal Ballena Osa Peninsula
- Hotel Cristal Ballena Resort Costa Rica/Uvita