What an amazing vacation! My husband and I had the time of our lives. This was a vacation we will never forget thanks to the wonderful location, staff and guests. We were REALLY stressed out when we got there, so it took a couple of days for us to become normal people again. This place is beyond restorative!
Starting with Sylvia and Garrison, the owners. They are such warm hosts. They really make you feel like family, and go out of their way to open their “home” to you. RP feels like a home, not a hotel. They made us feel like we were friends that have come to pay a welcomed visit.
Next the staff. I wanted to bring each of them home. They were really helpful and just genuinely great, fun people. Gilbert made all of our travel arrangements without a hitch. Olman made sure we had the time of our lives with fun activities. Alex made even my picky-eating husband smile with his daily fresh and flavorful creations. James made us laugh and anticipated our needs. And I have a new love in my life…Wildner, the massage therapist. And my husband loves him too!!
Because the place is so small, it is impossible not to meet people. We are not normally the types that hang out with other people on vacation. In fact, we usually avoid people! But we met the most interesting and fun people at RP. We hung out together, ate together, and did activities together. Obviously this is an optional part of RP. You can totally avoid people as well, but we met lifelong friends on this trip.
While all of the accommodations are great, the villas were to die for. Especially if you like total privacy and amazing views. The 3-bedroom was the best. We would just sit and stare at the Whale’s Tail for hours. We had great hikes up the mountain where we were rewarded with a monkey show. The monkeys also played in the trees by the restaurant on our last morning. A great departure moment! One morning a toucan flew in the tree as I was laying in bed staring out the window. We also went zip-lining and ATV-ing which were both a blast. The nearby beaches were beautiful and empty.
All in all, I can’t say enough nice things about this place. If you like a more commercial experience….TV, dress up for dinner, nightlife, gym, etc., then this isn’t the place for you. But if you are looking for a relaxing, fun, beautiful place, you will LOVE it. We are forever spoiled by our experience at Rancho Pacifico, and we can’t wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea.....Your Adult-Exclusive Hideaway in Costa Rica's Last-Best Place. One of the World's Most Awarded EcoLuxury Hotels. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy. Trip Advisor Traveler Choice - 4 consecutive years. World Travel Award Finalist - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years.....and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita