My wife and I stayed at Rancho Pacifico for 5 nights in late December '08 for our honeymoon. The hotel and its staff far surpassed all of our expectations.
We stayed in the beautiful Tree House accommodation which was a bit pricey during high season...but well worth the money. The room itself is quite spacious and is finished with a modern and clean design style. Everything from the fixtures in the bathroom to the wood flooring made us feel like we were in a high-class boutique hotel in Manhattan.
The hotel's setting is amazing as well. The Tree House is a bit secluded from the other rooms on the property which offers a great deal of privacy for honeymooners and couples. The views of the beach and rain forest are breathtaking.
The food served in the open-air dining room was delicious. Due to the small size of the hotel, the menu is limited, but everything we tasted was exceptional (and I'm sure the attentive staff could accommodate special requests if necessary).
Speaking of the staff...all were real professionals and made my wife and I feel like they were really there to make our stay amazing (and they did!). There is a focus on personalized service and catering to the guests' needs and desires. Everyone was SO service oriented and friendly. We got to know everyone by their first names which made for a unique and personal experience. Everyone from the concierge to the drivers and from the chefs to the security guard provided exceptional service that made us want to come back for anniversaries!
The hotel sits a top a mountain above the town of Uvita. Getting to and from the hotel is a bit arduous, but the hotel provides 4 wheel drive transportation to beaches and local activities. The concierge, Javier, is super-friendly and does a great job in helping to plan zipline tours, beach excursions, etc.
The owners (Garrison and Sylvia) live on location further adding to the personal experience. Garrison even helped us find a place to spend New Year's! Overall, I highly recommend Rancho Pacifico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea.....Your Adult-Exclusive Hideaway in Costa Rica's Last-Best Place. One of the World's Most Awarded EcoLuxury Hotels. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy. Trip Advisor Traveler Choice - 4 consecutive years. World Travel Award Finalist - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years.....and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita