Last year our family stayed in a jungle lodge in the Brazilian Amazon so I was expecting much of the same. Our experience at RP was totally unique and worthwhile.
The resort is in the cloud forest and requires a several minute drive by 4x4 from the town at the bottom of the hill. The first structure that you will reach at the site is the lodge/restaurant/common area which has amazing views of Whale Tail beach and the jungle. This structure is an open air building where you will find the bar and resort's only dining option. Because the resort is so far from town, expect to have all your meals on the resort unless you are out on an excursion. The food is very good and ranges from local dishes to common American continental fare, with head chef Alex's take on the concept. My family and our traveling companions were very happy with the quality and preparation of the meals.
By far the most amazing part of the resort for my family was the accommodations. We stayed in the 3 bedroom villa at the top of the resort. The villa has three levels with a separate bedroom (and bathroom) on each level and a kitchen on the second level. The villa is in the middle of the cloud forest. Every morning (at around 5 a.m.) we woke to the sound of howler monkeys calling through the jungle and a symphony of birds. We also were able to observe many birds from our balconies and to take photos of toucans perched in the nearby trees. By afternoon, the clouds would roll in and cast a beautiful mist on the jungle and momentarily obstruct our view of Whale Tale beach and the city/jungle view in the distance below.
The staff at RP is attentive and very accommodating. The staff works hard to remember the names of each guest and to make the RP experience a memorable one by catering to guests' needs and requests. For example, we returned late from a night hike well after the usual dining hours. However, the kitchen and wait staff waited for us to return and prepared a delicious bbq meal of chicken, local sausage and grilled meats and vegetables along with sides that exceeded our expectations (and the capacities of our stomachs).
I highly recommend RP. This ecolodge was a unique and memorable way to experience the cloud forest without the distraction of numerous other guests. Maximum capacity at the lodge is about 20 adult guests which allows for an intimate and relaxing experience. In addition, the staff is amazing, friendly and very professional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea.....Your Adult-Exclusive Hideaway in Costa Rica's Last-Best Place. One of the World's Most Awarded EcoLuxury Hotels. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy. Trip Advisor Traveler Choice - 4 consecutive years. World Travel Award Finalist - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years.....and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotel.de and Jetsetter so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita