The staff at Rancho Pacifico are the differentiating factor. They are absolutely amazing. Helpful, friendly, willing to go the extra mile. While we were in CR we got into some traffic trouble and the staff (including Alex) helped us navigate the problem. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Each night when we would arrive for dinner, they would great us like we were friends. Several times they added special surprises to our breakfast orders or to the room in general - champagne, candies, candles. We weren't on our honeymoon but the made it feel as special as if we were.
Now for the facilities - the TreeHaus was amazing. It was huge, beautifully decorated and ours had a hot tub on the deck so we were able to sit out every night and chill. I didn't see the other rooms but I would say upper TreeHaus was worth every penny. The spa was nice, clean and professional. I received the coconut scrub and John got the sunburn aloe treatment. The pools were lovely and the view was one of the best I've ever seen.
One thing should be noted (which has nothing at all to do with Rancho). The road to the hotel is a harrowing drive. We didn't realize how far up the mountain it was and attempted to drive it at night in wet weather. After a couple times up and down you get used to it but the poor condition of the road is something I've experience infrequently.
I would say that travelling on the road probably makes arrive even sweeter!! but try and do it in the light the first time :)
We will be back Alex et al. John LOVED the place, so you'll see us again sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy in Costa Rica's last best place. World Travel Award Triple Nominee - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita