My wife and I just spent 6 days with the fabulous staff at Rancho Pacifico. It was like a dream. We were upgraded to a treehaus, where we slept amongst the clouds and the wildlife. We awoke each day and fell asleep each night to the sounds of the jungle and let me assure you, you are in the jungle! We had howler monkeys climb a tree right next to our deck and toucans flying all over the jungle and into the resort. It's quite amazing how the hotel is built amongst and in the forest.
Things we did:
Hike within Rancho Pacifico--take the hike to the waterfall and dont be afraid!
Surfing (you must call Uvita Surf and ask for Tito-) He had my wife and I surfing within 15 minutes of getting into the water.
National Geo. River tour--a must do: we saw crocodiles, river otters, tons of birds and monkeys. It is non stop wildlife!
Yoga: Great Yoga Studio in Dominical--we did a candlelight class and enjoyed it so much we went back the following day for a daytime jungle yoga class.
Rancho Pacifico Spa: We each had multiple massages at the resort. They were world class. Amazing massage and amazing value. Don't pass on the spa.
Beaches: There is so much coast line that the beaches are not crowded. Bring a towel, drive right up on the beach, park under the trees and relax....
In between our adventures, the staff at Rancho Pacifico was always there. Anything we needed or asked for was taken care of with a smile. The food is amazing, all fresh, local, organic and made to order. My wife is a vegetarian and she had no problems whatsoever.
All in all this was exactly what we hoped it would be. My wife and I spent quality time together in a very romantic, private setting. The staff was present but not intrusive-a perfect blend of caring and letting us be. We are home now for 3 days and miserable! We need (not want) to go back now! Anyone considering this type of vacation needs to go to Rancho Pacifico. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy in Costa Rica's last best place. World Travel Award Triple Nominee - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita