We just returned after 5 nights at Rancho Pacifico and it was truly perfect in every way. We were celebrating my wife's 40th birthday in search of a place that provided both activity and relaxation. Rancho Pacifico delivered on both accounts.
Right off the bat you notice that Garrison, Silvia and the staff at RP treat you like long lost friends the minute you arrive. Adriana, Mel (not Gibson), Ronny, Vianney, Alex, Anna, etc. were fantastic. They took very good care of us. Everyone here does multiple tasks and are empowered by Garrison and Silvia to make decisions so your stay is perfect.
There is plenty of activity right near by. There are two nice hikes (one to a waterfall and one up through the clouds) that literally start right outside your door. They were moderately difficult, but not impossible. We went Ziplining at a place nearby that provided a small informative nature hike through a preserve and then the thrill of 9 ziplines. We also went horsebacking riding along the beach and enjoyed some lively entertainment in Dominical. This was also set up by Adriana after we arrived and we were delivered and picked up perfectly. You don't need to worry about it before you go.
As far as relaxation, there are two things that really add to the experience. First, the spa on property is incredible. First rate overlooking the deep expanse of the rainforest. Had light rain one day that only added to the effect. Recommend the signature, but the hot stone was fantastic as well. Second, the food and drinks were really second to none. We looked forward to seeing Mel and Vianney at the bar and then the works of art that Chef Alex created each night. Local foods and fresh ingredients. We met some very nice people during dinner and would share experiences from the day before. (Probably would not have gone horseback riding but for this).
It takes a little bit to get there, but you are up in the rain forest surrounded by toucans, howler monkeys, etc. It should take a little bit to get there if you want to unplug and get away. I really can't think of a bad thing to say about Rancho Pacifico. It was paradise. We will be back (and soon).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea.....Your Adult-Exclusive Hideaway in Costa Rica's Last-Best Place. One of the World's Most Awarded EcoLuxury Hotels. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy. Trip Advisor Traveler Choice - 4 consecutive years. World Travel Award Finalist - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years.....and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita