We just finished a 5 day stay with them. Overall, the hotel was very nice and the staff does try its best to make you feel welcome. Adrianna who is the fisrt person you meet and your "go to" for just about anything is a wonderful person and will do her best to get you what you want. My wife and I typically go for high end smaller private places but also go for the Four Seasons/St. Regis as well.
Plus Features - quiet - there are no TV's/cable so the only way of being "connected" is the hotel internet which works 90% of the time. The rooms are very nice. No A/C but we did not need it. The food was very good but not the place to go if you love fancy pastry in the morning or huge dinners. Portions are good but not if you are 2 standard deviations above your ideal weight - my wife and I are in good shape so the portions were just fine with us. The place is very clean. The trips you can take are all well planned and interesting.The hotel dog - Tito - is a great addition.
Minus Featues - they have a small gym (equipment similar to what some folks probably have at home) and 2 small pools. Fine for short stays but not if you are a person who loves a top end gym and a lap pool. When at the pool it would have been great to have a staff member come out and see if we wanted water or a cold drink. The bar was only a few feet away so not really a big deal. The place is really secluded at the top of a mountain and getting up and down is really only done by SUV unless you are a marathon trail runner who likes 30 degree inclines and rocky roads. You really can't go off the hotel grounds unless it is by SUV or planned trip. Do not even think about bringing kids.
We would go back again is the bottom line.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy in Costa Rica's last best place. World Travel Award Triple Nominee - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita