No one in the party wanted to leave, two of us thought about asking for jobs. We were met by Eric, "The Driver", at the small airport and were brought to the grocery. After provisions were secured, up the mountain we went. I have a terrific fear of heights, yet he made the ascent very calming. The 6 of us were met by Adrianna, Alex, Mel and Oval. Oval is the man. Alex welcomed us, gave us the tour with Adrianna and then took us to the house. Wow! No TV, radio, computers... I admit we were a bit lost for the first few hours. We went down for food and beverages. Alex Segura is an amazing chef and very open to feedback, but what could we criticize? Everything was very, very good. We did not get to meet the owners as they were taking a very well deserved vacation, but the rest of the staff was superb. Anything you ask for you get. 5 days was not enough. If you go ask to meet Pena, he will show you things that only an experienced jungle guide can pick up on, and he can fix anything. We only left once for dinner to switch things up a bit on the last night, they recommended a place called Poseidon. It did not disappoint. Thank you again Adrianna, Alex, Mel, Oval, Pena, "Benny" and the great environmental services staff that kept our house pest free for the week. The girls will have you speaking Spanish by the end of your trip! Great job guys.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy in Costa Rica's last best place. World Travel Award Triple Nominee - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.