Rancho Pacifico is heaven. It's high up a coastal mountain on a perch overlooking undeveloped rainforest jungle canyon and hillside. Here's some of my thoughts about what makes it unique:
1. The staff is amazing. When we left, we really missed them. They are so friendly and unpretentious. They are also fun and really enjoy the company of their guests.
2. We stayed in the upper tree house. This is like having a private residence that is elevated in the jungle canopy and out of the line of sight of ANYONE. Well worth the extra money.
3. It IS a long drive up the mountain to get there. But the staff accommodates and shuttles you up and down and you never feel stranded. This place is best suited for those wanting to relax and unplug for a while...
4. My favorite moment was taking a two hour nap in the afternoon during a huge storm with the jungle breezes flowing through the room.
5. Pick your outings carefully. You don't want to spend all of your time driving up and down the mountain and being shuttled to different parts of Costa Rica. We were a little under-whelmed by the "mini National Geographic Tour" (a long drive to get there and did not see a lot). By far our favorite outing was the horseback riding. It is pretty close to the resort. There is a "Beach Ride" and a "Jungle Ride." We did both (separate days). The beach ride is amazing because there is nothing like riding a healthy, well-cared for horse at full gallop across the sands of an EMPTY Costa Rica beach! The jungle ride is amazing because you ride into a VERY rugged jungle to see a towering waterfall. And we saw much more wildlife here than during the Nat. Geo. tour. We highly recommend this!
6. We were concerned about bugs, mosquitos and heat when we arrived. We went in July and there were NO mosquitos. There were occasional - and really cool - bugs that would show up in your room. But they were rare and part of the fun experience. I was convinced that we would need air conditioning.... but I was wrong! RP is so high up the mountain that it is much cooler up there. The rooms don't have air conditioning and you absolutely don't need it.
7. The food is SO good! We met a couple that was staying at Oxygen resort (which is sort of nearby) and they were asking if it was possible for people not staying at RP to eat at the restaurant. We told them no, it's for guests only (which is true)! Dinner is 5 courses and you get to choose every night based on two meal options. We ended up taking tons of pictures of the food because we wanted to remember it. We never do that!
We can't wait to go back someday. When we were checking out, we got a call from the owner, Sylvia (who was in Montana at the time) to thank us for our stay. Very nice touch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea.....Your Adult-Exclusive Hideaway in Costa Rica's Last-Best Place. One of the World's Most Awarded EcoLuxury Hotels. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy. Trip Advisor Traveler Choice - 4 consecutive years. World Travel Award Finalist - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years.....and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita