Great secluded rain forest getaway for a perfect honeymoon! Every meal was phenomenal, and the chef takes great care to accommodate your every request. Majestic views of the forest and the ocean below with tons of wildlife at your doorstep. The extensive list of available activities were all easily coordinated through the hotel, and they were able to keep our trip running smoothly. Most rooms are very secluded with amazing views, and I would definitely return again.
This did seem to be the nicest place in the area, but a few things to keep in mind:
Although the actual distance up the mountain is not far, it is a solid 20 minute drive in a 4x4 low to get up to RP. I might suggest renting a car, but be sure you know how to drive a 4x4 up a steep mountain. Transportation costs can get high with it costing roughly $20 each way up and down the mountain in a cab. If you like the convenience of being able to come and go and to visit other nearby towns, be prepared to pay $80 round trip.
The room was cleaned daily and was a great setup, but our wooden bed was incredibly loud and if you are in a lodge suite there is a good chance you will hear your neighbors talking because of the open air style of rooms. Also, neither of the 2 hot tubs on premise ever got hot - more of a luke-warm soaking tub I guess.
All in all we had a great experience and loved every minute of it. The food might be the best part!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea.....Your Adult-Exclusive Hideaway in Costa Rica's Last-Best Place. One of the World's Most Awarded EcoLuxury Hotels. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy. Trip Advisor Traveler Choice - 4 consecutive years. World Travel Award Finalist - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years.....and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotel.de and Jetsetter so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita