ARRIVING: Leaving Arenas Del Mar, and on the road—GPS in hand—on a Wednesday, the drive to Rancho Pacifico took about 1.5 hour, almost all highway except for the last stretch of 10 minutes, which is a bumpy, exciting drive up a well-textured dirt road. Note: our GPS did not find the resort, but the instructions on the website led us in the right direction.
ACCOMODATIONS: We stayed in the one-bedroom villa, which included a private, open air living area, multiple balconies, a private infinity pool, and views from every angle. The villa design is modern yet seamlessly blended into the jungle hillside, and the overall impression is that of ultimate expense and vision.
ATMOSPHERE: We imagined ourselves millionaires, relaxing outside (which was also inside), either watching the ocean from our peak, or being engulfed by mountain clouds. Overall the property is clearly of highest quality, whether considering something as simple as the walkways and furniture, to the beautiful pools.
FOOD: The food as prepared by the head chef was excellent, with thoughtful accommodations were made for all diets. Additionally, the drinks were carefully and expertly made by the resort mixologists.
SERVICE: The service was the best we had in Costa Rica. The entire staff was attentive, courteous, and friendly. Of particular note, the management was eager to assist with all requests, and the restaurant / bar staff were professional and personable.
VALUE: Without doubt, this resort is worth every penny. The experience was unforgettable, and the luxury unsurpassed. Perfect!
Next stop, Xandari.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea.....Your Adult-Exclusive Hideaway in Costa Rica's Last-Best Place. One of the World's Most Awarded EcoLuxury Hotels. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy. Trip Advisor Traveler Choice - 4 consecutive years. World Travel Award Finalist - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years.....and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotel.de and Jetsetter so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita