“to be back there...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sabor Espanol

Sabor Espanol
Playa Uvita - Beachfront | Next to Cabinas Esmo, near Flutterby House, Uvita 60504, Costa Rica
+506 8768 9160
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 23 restaurants in Uvita
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Spanish restaurant. Specializing in Paellas, Sangria, Meats and Seafood dishes. Open for lunch and dinner: 12 pm - 3 pm and 6 pm - 9.30 Pm. Monday closed. GPS: N 09°09.099' W 83°44.098'
Gatineau, Canada
“to be back there...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The owners of this restaurant are fantastic. It's a couple from Spain who run it together, and they close down at sunset every day to walk to the beach together. Their dishes are absolutely delicious. My favourite was the fish and rice, and I promise the dishes present way better than just fish and rice sounds. It's also a beautiful walk up a little dark jungle road to get there. Loved it!

Visited March 2013

92% Recommend
Washington, DC
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

A very quaint little restaurant in a hidden away area of Uvita. The owners are Spaniards who moved to CR 6 years ago. The attention to detail of the food and restaurant are wonderful. The Chicken and mango flambe with rum is outstanding, the lomito with green peppercorn cream sauce and mushrooms is delicious as well.

Try it! Its worth the search.

Visited February 2013
“Best Spanish Food in a long time !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent Tortilla de Patatas, an Avocado with Shrimp Appetizer, great Gazpacho and grilled Pork with a pepper mushroom sauce. The couple that are running the restaurant are superb hosts.
The chef himself came several times to our table to ask how we want things to be cooked. He made a great job, brought the dishes perfectly to the point.
With our appetizers we asked whether there was some Spanish Aioli in the restaurant. It was not on the menue, but the chef instantly agreed to prepare one for us. We got a perfect Aioli in a few minutes.
The chef very much understands Spanish Kitchen, his wife provides a great service with the guests. We highly recommend this place, we will be back!!!

Uvita, Costa Rica
“Great food finally arrives in Uvita!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I will summarize my experience in one word “WOW!” It was about time someone decided to open a restaurant with great food in Uvita! Sabor Espagnol is up there with the best restaurants in Ojochal & and Costa Rica. The owners moved from Montevede were from the reviews there have been pleasing the palats of many for years, and thankfully for us here in the Southern Pacific coast decided to move to Uvita. The restaurant is tucked away in a small corner near Ballena beach (Marino Ballena Park near Fluterby House) a bit out of the way but well worth the trip. I must admit I was skeptical about Spanish cuisine in general but Sabor Espagnol managed too prove me wrong, and show me that there is a lot more to Spanish food than the“tapas” you seem find everywhere. My wife and myself are relatively hard to impress and were both blown away by their food! We already had lunch, two days in a row and I am very impressed. Greatly enjoyed the Gaspacho soup, whiskey flambé shrimp and seafood paella, as well as the chocolate crêpe with ice cream. The food is very reasonably priced the service by the wonderful hosts Montse & Heri couldn´t be warmer and more welcoming! I have no doubt that if they continue this way in no time will be known as the number #1 restaurant in Uvita. We will definitively be back again and recommending this new restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Zürich, Schweiz
“Great food and lovely hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Montse and Heri are wonderful hosts and serve the best authentic Spanish food in the whole of Costa Rica. Nothing better than digging into a juicy and well-prepared steak, with a complimentary glass of Sangria. Also the shrimp avo, Spanish tortilla, chicken/bacon/banana skewers and sweet crepes are definitely worth trying. While I stayed in Costa Rica for a year, I went to eat at Sabor Espanol every once in a while. It was worth every bump of the 2.5 hour drive on really bad roads to Monteverde, where they were located before.
They have now reopened their restaurant in Uvita, the same people with the same menu and the same quality, except now, you're right at the beach!

• Visited September 2012