“My Return to Kura / with Friends” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Green Season Value
Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Uvita
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
“My Return to Kura / with Friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I visited Kura in June of this year and had such a great stay, I came back, with two friends to share the experience. The stay impressed everyone! We arrived just in time for sunset, cocktails and then an early dinner (which was great). We had fun touring each others rooms and the hotel. The next morning, after an excellent breakfast, we met the owners of the hotel and they described the process of building and how the project developed, including future plans. Again, the design, ambiance and views are 5 Star. We will all be back....

Tulemar Dave

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Kura in July during a 10 day trip to Costa Rica and this was without a doubt the highlight of what was an incredible holiday.
We were already pretty excited to stay here having read so many amazing reviews, but incredibly it absolutely surpassed our expectations and is hands down the best hotel we have ever stayed at, and we've been lucky enough to stay at some wonderful places prior to this trip.
Why is it so good? Put simply, everything is just faultless, and the level of service is just out of this world. Every day there was a min of 10 staff in our vacinity to max 12 guests which just means that the care, attention and personal touch that they provide is just amazing. All the staff are an absolute credit to the owners, who have achieved something incredible in not just designing and building a spectacular hotel, but in running it to such an extremely high standard. The check in was certainly the best we've ever had, with Ana handing us a cocktail and then running through the background of the hotel and the facilities whilst we stood and took in the view - no forms to fill in, no stuffy air, just a really genuine welcome. All the staff took a real effort to get to know your names, so that personal touch was always there whenever you saw them, and they just couldn't have been friendlier or done any more for us.
The rooms are stunning, modern, and wonderfully designed with incredible views that you just can't wait to wake up to.
The food was some of the best we ate in Costa Rica, even when faced with a power cut, and the cocktails are great too ;)
All in all, if you have the opportunity to stay here, don't think twice, just DO IT. I have a feeling that finding a vacancy will become extremely challenging when they continue to have so many satisfied guests. Thanks Kura, we'll remember our stay forever!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Its going to be difficult to find the right words to describe Kura Design Villas but I can say that in the last 15-20 trip around the world, this may be the best travel experience we've ever had! Kura is small (6 villas) and provides a staff that executes quality like we've never experienced! The two (2) owners are part of the staff and are embedded in making sure that all is right and up to their expectations. The staff itself is clearly on board with the quality levels and we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are off the hook!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My experience at Kura was perfect in every way. The service of all the staff was amazing. During my stay I breathed an atmosphere of cordiality. I had the opportunity to meet the owners of the hotel. They are two more member of Kura's staff. They are very accesible persons that have direct contact with the guests, who also have been concerned to benefit the community by employing people from Uvita.

The villas are amazing, its design is luxurious and minimalist and yet you feel like you're in the middle of nature!! They have a beautiful view to the forest and to the tail of the whale.

Everything I ate at Kura was delicious. Breakfast options are quite varied and different from any other hotel, and they also include a plate of fresh tropical fruits excellently presented. Dinner was amazing, must try the passionfruit cheesecake!!!

The whole architectural work of the hotel with every single detail it's really admirable, and the most important is that everything was -and keep being- achieved through a sustainable and friendly environment process.

You have to go to Kura, there you will find a lot of pleasant surprises I can’t put in words, that will make your stay unforgettable!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Kura is a hotel unlike any other. It's definitely geared toward couples- which only adds to the romantic, luxurious experience. You'll read a lot about the road up to the hotel- and yes, it's very steep- but there are no places where you're going to go off the side of the mountain- it's not quite as frightening as people make it out to be. With a large 4 wheel drive, ( don't get a tiny one!) and someone who knows how to drive a stick , you'll be fine. I also recommend renting your own vehicle- it gives you more freedom.

Staff: Exceptional! It was like they knew what the guests were thinking- before we thought it! Ana, Adriana, Alejandra( owner) and Adam were especially outstanding- they made us feel like I was in their home, and they were there to make us as comfortable as possible. Check in with Ana was so special- she was so sweet, explained everything, and let us take our time- she was warm and genuinely glad to have us! One evening, a few guests were in the pool. Adriana and Adam turned on the fire, threw some fun color changing balls in for us to play with, and brought drinks right up to the pool- we were like kids! ( but with alcohol- he he) . Adriana is a lovely hostess in her spa area as well- she made me tea, let me relax, and gave me a great massage. And-The staff communicates with each other- that's what really stands out to me. They all knew what tours we had planned and were right there to pull up our car , or to pack a cooler and beach stuff for us- you only had to say you needed something once, and it was right there!

Rooms/view: Ridiculous!!!! The rooms are so spectacularly designed- everything is spotless, modern, luxurious- the pics on the website are spot on. Beds are super comfortable, too! We saw toucans, tons of other birds, snakes, frogs- all kinds of fun animals!The view is even better than the pics- just go and see for yourself!

Food: this hotel is at the top of a mountain. The fact that they're able to get such delicious food up there is astounding! I'm from Atlanta and dine at the best five star restaurants quite frequently- just to give you an idea of my food knowledge. Is Kura's food 5 star for a big city? No. Is it 10 star for being in Uvita at the top of a mountain? YES! Sushi rolls were delicious, the breakfast was impressive, and dinner was scrumptious- loved the Snook fish and the tenderloin with chimichurri! And the salads were great, too! Dinner here is an experience- romantic and perfect.

Even my trip back to the airport ( long story- couldn't drive back to the airport) with Gregg, the driver, was wonderful- he made the time fly )!
Just splurge and stay at Kura- you deserve it, and you'll never forget it. I wish I was back there right now!

• Stayed August 2013
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 10 day trip to Costa Rica. We stayed at the Kura design Villas for our last night in CR. We totally goofed as we should have stayed at Kura Villas the entire stay! We have dumbed the property a "Utopia" as once you enter the property, you really do not want to ever leave!! It is really a very special place. Everything about the property was pristine. The room was wonderful and the views and privacy can not be beat. The staff was amazing and welcoming. Since it is such a small hotel ( only 6 villas) the staff really was able to get to know you and cater to your every needs. The food was by far the best food we have ever had in CR. Dinner was excellent and breakfast was five star. We are going to recommend the villas to our friends and can't wait for our return to CR and Kura next year!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I recently enjoyed a return visit to kura design villas. A pleasant 3 hour drive from san jose, on a newly renovated highway. With only about 1 month in between visits,we found everything was just as amazing as our prior stay, points for consistency. I have to say it boasts one of the most amazing views of Costa Rica's southern pacific coasts.The views are amplified by the sleek design and luxe finishes throughout the hotels common areas and its villas. Headed by its owners, a delightful young couple,attending to all details and keeping its staff on edge. The food is good all around. Trying breakfast lunch and dinner, I found the steak casado and ceviche especially rewarding. Desserts where all solid.
It is important to state there is no tv in the rooms, and during the rainy season certain vehicles that have a low ground clearance and lack 4x4 might have a tuff time accessing the last 4 kilometers. This is One of the smallest, greatest hotels I have stayed in. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cayuga S, Manager at Kura Design Villas Uvita, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear AlexT,
greetings from Kura Design Villas in Uvita. We agree, we probably do have one of the most incredible views here. Thank you for your return visit. We are very proud that you found the operation as good as during your first visit. We have been open for about 9 months now and of course are still learning every day. But your wonderful comments motivate us to get even better and make every single stay the best possible. We look forward to visit #3 soon. All the best.

Been to Kura Design Villas Uvita? Share your experiences!