First off made reservations explaining I am traveling with a service dog.. When I arrive I am informed the dog cannot enter the resturant or bar area and must sleep on the balcony. I asked for this in writing to then be told it was all right for my dog to be with me at all times. Then once checked into the room only to have it flooded out from a bad connection on the toilet bowl tank. We then were moved to a different room with no A/C and a bad mildew smell. Bed was not to comfortable. One person was working the resturant and bar. I waited a half hour for a beer. Dinner was also very slow. Breakfast the same. Oh I forgot that we had a bees nest on the bottom of the lawn chair on the balcony. New owners with no experience running a hotel. Understaffed and no one checked rooms to see if they are ready for guests... for the price this place needs to step it up!
- Also Known As:
- Whales & Dolphins Ecolodge Hotel
- Whales & Dolphins Ecolodge Hotel Uvita
- Whales And Dolphins Ecolodge
- Whales & Dolphins Ecolodge Costa Rica/Uvita
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is dramatically located on a bluff overlooking Ballena Marina Park, the pacific coast and Cano Island, This national park includes the largest coral reef on the pacific side of Costa Rica. This wildlife sanctuary protects different species of whales and dolphins together with other marine life. We can offer you the best of both worlds: rich rainforest combined with abundant marine life. Walk into the "green world" of immense biodiversity right on your doorstep. ... more less