I always read review & think "get a grip people" but this place was tired , in poor shape and the manager was a joke. The staff was great & deserved a better manager. We arrived to a room that was like a blast furnace when we opened the door. The lamp shade was ripped & hanging off. Picture frames were broken,water stains on walls, a/c leaked so bad we had to put a waste pail under it & then a towel to soften the noise. The manager walked around with his shirt off smiling ,what a putz!!!!, he should have been checking room conditions & maybe turning ac's on if he knew guests were arriving.ECO lodge NOT!What a joke. (If you want to visit a real ECO lodge go to Savegre Mountain Lodge...we stayed here earlier & it was beyond our wildest expectations. ) Receptionist at Whales & dolphins didn't know a thing about booking tours, couldn't speak English, she was really sweet though. We felt sorry for the staff as they were great & deserved a better place to work at.Food was NOT 4 star , after 1 meal we ate all our meals out in town , those were all great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is dramatically located on a bluff overlooking Ballena Marina Park, the pacific coast and Cano Island, This national park includes the largest coral reef on the pacific side of Costa Rica. This wildlife sanctuary protects different species of whales and dolphins together with other marine life. We can offer you the best of both worlds: rich rainforest combined with abundant marine life. Walk into the "green world" of immense biodiversity right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Hotel Whales and Dolphins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whales & Dolphins Ecolodge Hotel Uvita
- Whales And Dolphins Ecolodge
- Hotel Whales And Dolphins Costa Rica/Uvita