Having stayed at Cusinga Eco Lodge nearby this was considerably different. This is not particularly "Eco", it's a hotel with great views, but don't expect nature trails or much in the way of and "Eco" message. There are birds and animals galore but that's because of where they are rather than any special effort on their part. The rooms are adequate but a bit tired and maintenance is haphazard. A water leak in the room above us took 24 hours to fix, thank heavens it was coming down onto the balcony not into the room! I stood next to the wi-fi router on my block and got no useable signal! The principal problem when we were there was the level of staffing. One poor girl was manfully (womanfully?) trying to wait on all the tables in the restaurant and run the bar at the same time. Luckily for her the food in the restaurant was poor (mine was overcooked and uninspired the only time I tried it, a friend said her pasta was adequate) so very few people went back a second time. She was there until late at night and turned up, bleary eyed but cheerful at 7 am for breakfast where, again, she was alone. Breakfast was okay but not brilliant. There were other staff about but they were very thin on the ground. They were far more friendly and helpful than we had a right to expect, given they seemed to be terribly overworked. In summary - the view was fantastic, the pool was lovely (helped by the view) the employees were really nice despite all the problems they had, but resources seem to be a problem and standards suffered accordingly. I couldn't reccomend it as it stands today.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is dramatically located on a bluff overlooking Ballena Marina Park, the pacific coast and Cano Island, This national park includes the largest coral reef on the pacific side of Costa Rica. This wildlife sanctuary protects different species of whales and dolphins together with other marine life. We can offer you the best of both worlds: rich rainforest combined with abundant marine life. Walk into the "green world" of immense biodiversity right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Whales and Dolphins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whales & Dolphins Ecolodge Hotel Uvita
- Whales And Dolphins Ecolodge
- Hotel Whales And Dolphins Costa Rica/Uvita