“Basic Surfing Lessons” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Uvita 360 Adventures

Uvita 360 Adventures
50 metros sur Rest Los Delfines Uvita- Dominical Costa Rica, Uvita 60504, Costa Rica
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 19 Activities in Uvita
Type: Surf Camps
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Uvita 360 adventures provides Stand up paddling tours and lessons, Surfing lessons, kayak tours, all inclusive packages for your vacations and community service enrollment for large groups of students. Uvita 360 unlike any others. For the best in Stand up paddle tours, surf lessons and kayak visit Uvita 360 and learn THE REAL COSTA RICAN EXPERIENCE with the pioner ocean adventures since 2004. PURA VIDA!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Basic Surfing Lessons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I had basic surfing lessons from Tito this past January. Uvita was a great, uncrowded beach to start on. Tito gave us great instruction and we were both able to get up on the board by our second tries. It was definitely a fun workout and I left eager to go out again.

Miami, Florida
“Great experience and a new lifetime hobby!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Tito and Diego from Uvita Surf Camp provided us with a great experience. First of all, they were punctual! A great start. Diego (my instructor) took us over to a very nice beach with a great waves on which to learn. The instruction was informative, easy to follow and Diego delivered it with a friendly attitude often associated with the Pura Vida. I was popping up in no time! Diego even showed my some other skills that would usually be reserved for a longer or more advanced lesson and he provided water and snacks for me and my wife (who sat and watched and took photos). After the lesson, Diego told me about some other breaks I might be interested in trying. The experience was great and I would definitely recommend a lesson from Uvita Surf Camp if you are in the area. It was my first time trying to surf and now I came home and bought a board and, as my wife can attest, am obsessed! Thanks Uvita Surf Camp!

Toronto, Canada
“perfect beginners' teachers and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I am not a sporty person. I have only snowboarded once (and with difficulty) though I am comfortable in water. I expected surfing to be difficult but learning with Tito and Diego I was actually able to get up---and now I'm thinking about future vacations to surf locations where I might be able to build on the fundamentals they taught me. Learning with these guys was amazing. If I can learn, I am ready to guarantee anybody can. The beach they took me and boyfriend to was not, they explained, a big surfer destination for experienced surfers--but it's perfect for beginners, kind of like the bunny hill equivalent for skiers. The water is moderately shallow for a very long time, the waves break far far away from the beach so that you can surf the white-broken-wave for a long time, and the waves are very wide so you can go anywhere on the long beach and get waves. (I'm probably using all of the wrong technical jargon, but this is no reflection on my teachers!) We went for two lessons: one on a weekday when the beach was practically deserted---really, no one around; the second lesson was on the weekend and there were a number of locals around but there was still tons-o space and we didn't get anywhere near other people. I felt very safe the whole time and their instructions emphasized safety first and then fun second. They made efforts to teach us "proper" technique but, at least in my case, some compromises had to be made in order to at least get me up and going.

Visited February 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Learned to surf for the first time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

It was a lot of fun, safe, beautiful, scenic and easier than I expected. I had a great time. We were virtually alone on the beach. It was perfect for first time surfers.

Diego was a great teacher. He brought drinks and snacks, shade and chairs.

Thank you Diego.

Visited February 2013
dunwoody, ga
“Exactly what we were hoping for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our family of five, ranging in age from 15 to 50, enjoyed two surf lessons while recently on vacation in Uvita, Costa Rica in late Dec 2012/early Jan 2013. Tito and Diego were excellent instructors, helping us feel comfortable with the board and the surf before we got started. They managed to get us all up and "surfing" in the first lesson and we enjoyed it very much. The spot they took us to was quiet and the surf very gentle - perfect for first-timers. It was quite easy for all of us to get the hang of it. The lesson was just for the five of us which gave all of us plenty of instructor time. The rest break with snacks and water was timed just right and gave us all enough boost to finish our lesson. This is a MUST DO activity. The entire Uvita area is beautiful and quite untouched by traditional tourism. The Whale's Tail park is pristine - no big hotels to be found on the beach. We loved it.