“Let the horses run!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Equestrian Trails
Attraction Details
“Let the horses run!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a fantastic horseback ride in the surf of Playa Hermosa as the sunset. Beach was empty enough that we could let our horses gallop. Hector was our tour guide and was very knowledgeable and low-key. We saw howler monkeys, toucans, and a parrot just en route to the beach. On the way back, our horses walked us through pastures that were ablaze with the tiny lights of lightning bugs. Just sublime. I'll never forget it.

Visited December 2012

Los Angeles, California
“A must!!! Amazing tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Thank you Rancho La Merced for our amazing horseback tour! My family of 18 went on a tour with them and all of us loved it! We first rode through the jungle/rain forest then finished our tour riding on the beach. The horses were very well behaved. We had 2 young children riding and they had a blast! I have been on horseback riding tour in other places but this was my favorite it was so beautiful and relaxing. The tour guides were very nice and friendly. They even allowed us to feed the horses bananas that we had brought after we were done with our tour. Thank you for such an amazing tour! Muchas Gracias!

Visited May 2012
Birmingham, Michigan
“Great adventure for a family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The staff at Rancho La Merced are the best I have experienced with determining experience and skill level as they assign each guest a horse. My daughter-in-law, 8 year old granddaughter and I enjoyed a leisurely ride (along with two other guests and our guide) to the waterfalls. The swim in the waterfalls area was so refreshing and the scenery was spectacular.

I fully expected my granddaughter to be ready for the ride to end within 15 minutes of starting out but she made the entire trip without any hesitation even when going into the river! She will never forget this trip!

Visited April 2012
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
“Great horse riding tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We have booked this horse riding tour through Cabinas Los Laureles. We could choose between two tours, one along the sea, one into the mountains. We chose the beach tour which was very nice. The horses are in good shape and are well taken care of. Also helpful guides.

Visited: November 2010

Visited June 2011
Michigan
39 attraction reviews
“Fantastic experience for riding and seeing birds!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We rode to a waterfall through a primary forest. Not only was it cool and pleasant, but we saw some incredible birds thanks to the observant eyes of our guide, Heraldo. We saw a spectacled owl, a beautiful 3 meter snake, a very large green iguana, a red-capped manakin, a blue-crowned manakin, and a violaceous trogan, not to mention the beautiful butterflies and insects! The horses appeared clean, well fed and healthy! It was a great experience! We highly recommend it!

Visited February 2012