“Recommended” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 21 Activities in Uvita
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: MAD ABOUT DIVING is the only PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre in Osa Peninsula. PADI is the largest association of recreational divers in the world and we recognize certification cards from all other diving associations.Dive, snorkel or train with us and find out first hand why so many clients make us their number one choice.Explore the best dive sites that Costa Rica has to offer and discover the beauty that Caño Island Biological Reserve, Marino Ballena National Park and Costa Ballena have to offer.MAD, short for MAD ABOUT DIVING, is known for having the highest quality service. We treat clients like guests: you never cart your gear around, change your tanks or rinse equipment; our friendly staff does it for you.As the premier dive facility, we also deliver top notch training. Our team consists of PADI Divemasters and Instructors that have years of professional diving experience in a multitude of marine environments.
CT, USA
26 attraction reviews
“Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Mad About Diving is very professional. We went on a snorkeling trip to Cano Island. The boat driver was very skilled at steering the boat to avoid as many bumps as possible. They were always looking out for wildlife to point out to us. The snorkeling itself was not terrific, but the crew was great.

Visited December 2011

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great Dive Operator”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Recently went to Costa Rica with non-diving friends and had a fantastic trip with Mad About Diving. Went to Cana Island. Pablo and his crew did a great job. Was impressed with their safety concerns - they scrubbed our first attempt to go out because the boat captain did not like the way the engine sounded. The rescheduled trip went really well. The snorkelers were set out to enjoy with one guide and then we went diving with another guide. Great lunch on Cana Island and then back out for a second dive. Large schools of fish - big and small.

At the end of the day they offered to rinse and dry my gear for me - solved a problem for me! My friends used rental gear and it was all in good shape. The diving equipment at the shop all looked in good condition as well.

It is a long trip to Cana Island, but it is well worth the boat ride!

Visited November 2011
Rockville, Maryland
“Awesome diving with a great crew!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Went diving at Isla del Cano off the southern Pacific coast of Costa Rica in August. Tried a few other dive shops, and they were either closed for the wet season or not diving at Cano, but MAD had a trip going out and took us along. We had one diver and two snorkelers, and we had a great time! Pablo and Laura were very friendly, answered all our questions before the trip, and took good care of us on the ride and while diving. They had a nice, fast boat, the crew knew what they were doing, and they provided a nice lunch too. Would love to go diving with them again!

Visited August 2011
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great day at Cano island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Me and my family went to Cano island with "Mad about diving" My daughter 14 years old and I was going to dive and my wife and son 9 years old was going snorkeling. Pablo picked us up at the hotel and he was just very friendly and informative. On the way to the island we spotted humback whales and False killerwhale,...great. My wife and son had great snorkeling and my daughter and I had 2 very very nice dives. Saw sharks, seaturtles,stingrays etc etc. This was my daughters third dive but Pablo just made her feel safe and he always kept and eye on her. He is indeed a very competent and fantastic diver/person. also the rest of the crew was extremely friendly and positive. What a great day we all. So many thanks to Pablo and all at "Mad about diving" Can higly recomend,....PURA VIDA. Kindest regards Allan + family from Denmark

Visited July 2011
Los Angeles, California
13 attraction reviews
“Great scuba day, extraordinary service, expertise, and safety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

My wife and I were hesitant to go with MAD due to their lack of reviews, but we went for it, and now know that we made the right choice.

The owner Pablo and his staff were amazing. He has an incredible depth of knowledge of scuba, and the waters around Costa Rica. He seemed more like our buddy than a guide (in a good way) and was happy to share all his insights with us.

He's also very patient and calming as a divemaster. My wife had trouble equalizing on the first dive, and returned to the surface ready to call it quits. But Pablo was very reassuring and cooly helped her try a second time, descending with her inch by inch until she made it down and was then able to enjoy a wonderful dive.

We dove Cano Island with him, and it was a great experience. Lots to see, great visibility, a delicious lunch, and a wonderful, attentive crew.

I highly recommend this outfit, and wish them all the success in the world.

One last note, without pressure or sales, Pablo recommended some other places/things for us to try in the area, and all of his suggestions were great!

Visited July 2011