“What a great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 Activities in Uvita
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics, Educational Sites
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Bodhi Surf School offers surf lessons and clinics, yoga classes, vacations, and retreats for individuals, families, and small groups. Our goal is to teach you the theory, proper technique, and safety to have you surfing or doing yoga independently. Bodhi Surf is committed to incorporating sustainable business practices into our everyday operations. We love to share information on our area, both on the community of Bahia Ballena and the Marino Ballena National Park where we give our lessons. We also offer service learning for organized student groups interested in finding out more about Costa Rica. Above all, we aim to “awaken your inner surfer” and provide you with unique experiences that you will never forget.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
SF
“What a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I've been looking to try surfing for a while now and I was super happy to have done my first lesson with Bodhi Surf School. I took the 1 on 1 lesson which started with an on-beach session which taught me the basics and got me ready for the ocean. Once in the ocean I was coached on every run for 2 hours. To my surprise, I was able to catch my first wave. The whole experience proved to be very exhilarating. I couldn't recommend them enough.

Visited January 2013
achandrahuff, Owner at Bodhi Surf School, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Diffident - we're so glad to hear you had an exhilarating and successful surf experience! Surfing can be very surprising; sometimes we do so much better than we could have anticipated. Thank you for sharing your experience and giving us the recommendation! We hope to see you again in the Bahia Ballena area.

New York City, New York
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had never surfed before and the team at Bodhi Surf School was really attentive and made me feel at ease. The amount of attention they paid to each student was great. With them coaching me on each run, I was able to stay up after only a few waves! I would definitely recommend using them if you're vacationing in this area.

Visited April 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, Mike H, we're so glad to hear that you felt attended to and taken good care of with Bodhi Surf School. That is definitely a priority for us. We'are also stoked to hear that you had success with surfing, and hope that you are able to do more of it in the future! Pura vida :)

Cleveland, Ohio
“*thumbs up*”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Being able to hang out with the crew of Bodhi Surf was extremely eye-opening for me. As a first-timer with surfing, I was expecting the process to be super hard; however these guys made it easy through their instruction and the whole group had fun with it. I would recommend this surf school to everyone. Yoga on the beach was the highlight of my trip though because this was there I finally understood how to "let go" of all of the superficial US concerns that I had been previously lugging around with me. Thanks for the experience Bodhi Surf! PURA VIDA!

Visited January 2013
achandrahuff, Owner at Bodhi Surf School, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you, Kristin G, for taking the time to share about your personal and group experience with Bodhi Surf. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the surf lesson, and also that the yoga session on the beach was the highlight of your trip. We are always striving to provide experiences that are more all-encompassing than just learning to stand up on a surf board or get into a particular yoga pose, and with you it looks like we were successful. We hope to see you here again someday!

Sherbrooke, Québec
“Me, a surfer?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We were vacationing in Ojochal, and looking for an exciting activity. My son wanted to try surfing, and I said I would go along - but I did not really think that I could do it. So we signed up for a 2-hour lesson with Bodhi Surf. What a great experience that was! When Gibran asked if I was surfing, I answered: 'I am going to try.' He replied: You are going to surf! Which I did! Their teaching system is designed to give you the confidence that is required to get up and stay up on that board. My son and I were both surfing on the first lesson, and we were back the next day for more! Now, at age 53, I am proud to say I am a surfer! And I am looking forward to the next time. Thanks guys!

Visited December 2012
achandrahuff, Owner at Bodhi Surf School, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Pierre R - yes, you and your son are both surfers now! You both did excellent, and most importantly, had such great attitudes; the instructors that worked with you both came out of the water feeling so stoked! Thank you for that, and for taking the time to write about your experience, it is so gratifying for us to read :) We sincerely hope to see your family down here again, and in the meantime, we hope to keep surfing! Pura Vida...

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Realley enjoyed this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My family were in the Dominical/Uvita area over Christmas and thought it would be fun to have some surf lessons (we have never surfed before). We came across Bodhi Surf school from Trip Advisor, and weren't disappointed.

The team were great, they took us to a relatively gentle beach, taught us some basics and then we were into the sea. My son was up on his feet first go, my wife and daughter not long after (I took a little longer.....).

The family definitely voted this one of the highlights of the trip, and are now 'hooked' on surfing. Can definitely recommend.

Visited December 2012
ScruttonStreet1 - Wow! We are so glad to hear that surfing was a highlight for your family. We had such fun working with you in the water, and even those of you who were doubtful they would be able to stand up on the surfboard did - one reason why we love doing this job! We hope that you will come back again someday, and in the meantime, maybe you can find some surfing on the other side of the pond. Thank you so much for sharing your experience!