“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 activities in Uvita
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics, Educational Sites
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Bodhi Surf School offers surf lessons and clinics, yoga classes, vacations, and retreats for individuals, families, and small groups. Our goal is to teach you the theory, proper technique, and safety to have you surfing or doing yoga independently. Bodhi Surf is committed to incorporating sustainable business practices into our everyday operations. We love to share information on our area, both on the community of Bahia Ballena and the Marino Ballena National Park where we give our lessons. We also offer service learning for organized student groups interested in finding out more about Costa Rica. Above all, we aim to “awaken your inner surfer” and provide you with unique experiences that you will never forget.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Platanillo, Costa Rica
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Really helpful, and really fun. Not to mention, you can't beat the location. Can't wait to get out in the surf again!

Visited November 2012
BodhiSurfSchool, Owner at Bodhi Surf School, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
We were stoked to have you join in on some group surf lessons Eve B! We also appreciate your volunteer work with Marino Ballena National Park officials and hope to see you in the water again! Thanks for the positive energy! All the best from Team Bodhi Surf!

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Terrific Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I am an old dude (66) and never been surfing, so I ventured in with my two 30-something daughters. Travis was patient and encouraging, and I had a marvelous time. I would love to do the surfing again. Not only did we do the surfing, but Travis is a community-minded entrepreneur, and we did a two hour community tour the same afternoon. I would highly recommend the brief but interesting exposure to the community.
Travis and his wife, Pillar, also helped plan our entire week in the Uvita area. We did a marvelous one day adventure on horseback to a gorgeous waterfalls, and another day did snorking and a nature hike with Bahia Aventuras. Both were amazing experiences. Pillar and Travis' suggestions and planning made all the difference for our family having an amazing experience in the Uvita area.

Visited November 2012
Thank you Dennis W for your inspiring words! Surfing with you and the family was a wonderful experience. We really appreciate your interest in learning more about the community and enjoyed planning and coordinating your other tours in the area. We are so happy to learn that our suggestions and planning made all the difference for your family having an amazing experience. See you again next year!!! Cheers to all! - Bodhi Surf
Sacramento, California
“Excellent morning surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I had a great time during our surf lesson with Bodhi Surf. My wife had surfed a few years back in Costa Rica and San Diego, but this was my first attempt. We both were up and surfing in just a few minutes. Travis was a great instructor and very patient with us. He even gave a great dinner recommendation (BBQ Chicken pizza at La Fogata).

Visited September 2012
BodhiSurfSchool, Owner at Bodhi Surf School, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you Raiderjake for visiting us! We enjoyed surfing with you, chatting about life and learning about your great work back home. Keep up the great surfing and let us know when you'll be back out to Costa Rica for some more tropical water and waves. All the best - Team Bodhi Surf
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Unforgettable experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Travis and his crew did an amazing job teaching my group how to surf, and they also taught us a lot about Costa Rica. They were friendly, patience, knowledgable, and encouraging. Not only can I now surf, but I also have a new found respect for the ocean and its inhabitants. Overall, the experience was something that I will never forget, and I highly recommend Bodhi Surf School!

Visited August 2012
BodhiSurfSchool, Owner at Bodhi Surf School, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thanks for sharing your positive energy Brandy M. It was a pleasure having you surf with us! We truly hope you continue to surf and protect our oceans resources. All the best on your journeys!
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Class trip to Bodhi.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Travis is not only an amazing teacher, but he is also a committed community leader. I was very impressed with his patience, guidance, and dedication while helping our class learn about surfing, the environment, and volunteerism. If you want something more from your vacation, something that you can take home with you and value and put into action in your own life, then this is without a doubt the place to be.

Visited August 2012
Thank you for taking the time and energy to come and visit us with your class A R. Helping to facilitate a positive and challenging learning experience for your students was very rewarding for us and we hope to have you visit every year! Pura Vida from Team Bodhi Surf