We spent 2 weeks travelling to Arenal, Jaco, Manuel Antonio and finally we decided to explore the south pacific trying to get away from it all. We drove down to Dominical not really our vibe so we continued driving south and by chance came across Tiki Villas. What a pity it was towards the end of our vacation as this Lodge, beaches, area, wildlife and nature were just amazing! We spent 4 nights and it made our whole vacations worth while. From the moment we were shown the view from the cabin we fell in love with it – it has the wow factor. Tiki villas captured the charm of the rainforest with a modern twist. It is a small lodge/B&B (only 5 cabins) the cabins are very private with a Bali type design double roof that keeps them well ventilated, there is also a great infinity pool and open plan terrace common area. The owners Cindy and Tom were great hosts and made us feel at home. The cabins are large with comfortable king-sized bed, a boutique bathroom that had two showers one inside and a separate outside shower allowed you to shower "feeling" like in the jungle. Though the nothing beats the balcony that opens up totally from the cabin with stunning view, we must have spent half our time sitting with a glass of wine watching all kinds of animals (howlers, toucans, capuchin monkeys, iguanas as well as tone of birds). We had a few insects and geckos come in as we left the balconies open but we did not mind and made it part of the experience! The lodge feels secluded and private but is only 1000ft from the main road (you will need a 4x4 get up though) and you can walk to Hermosa beach in front (one of our favourite beach in Costa Rica), but we always drove. Having a rent a car with 4x4 is really a must to get around to all the beaches and all the great restaurants close by - Tikivillas does not have a restaurant (though they do serve a delicious breakfast), this was not a problem as there are loads of International and Costarican eateries not far to choose from in the area for lunch and dinner. Uvita is the closest town about 4 miles further south. There are tones of things to do in the area, including a trail through their private rainforest reserve to a stream and swimming hole. We loved the nature and the peace and were sad to leave and get back to reality… We will definitively be back! We highly recommend this place, especially for people who are looking to get away from it all and enjoy wildlife and Costa Rican nature!
Location: Costa Rica > Province of Puntarenas > Uvita
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Spa Hotel in Uvita
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Uvita
#3 Romantic Hotel in Uvita
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$
Hotel Class:3.5 star — TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge 3.5*
Number of rooms: 5
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature, Relaxation, Fun and Adventure that's what Costa Rica is all about!We invite you to join us at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, located in one of the most breathtaking regions of Costa Rica. Scattered within the rainforest paradise of Osa near Uvita, TikiVillas is a small "Balinese Style" Eco Lodge. Offering nine individual, spacious villas set on a mountainside 120 meters above the Pacific Ocean and just a short distance from the beaches at the Ballena National Park. TikiVillas is the perfect jungle and beach getaway. Couples and honeymooners can immerse themselves in our 13 acres of private rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens with close access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, T4B, Venere, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita