“Spectacular from start to finish!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge

Save Saved
You added TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge to your Saves list
TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12Km South of Dominical, Finca Achiote, Uvita, Costa Rica   |
Offers & Announcements
$129 (USD)
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Uvita
Boston, Massachusetts
“Spectacular from start to finish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed at TikiVillas in March and cannot say enough about the customer service and the overall quality of my stay. From arrival to checkout, the superior staff at the property ensured that every detail of our experience perfectly matched and exceeded our expectations. Each member of the team struck the perfect balance by always making himself/herself available for any question or concern while at the same time ensuring that we felt as if we were the only inhabitants of the beautiful space. Without question, it is the exceptional service and the great people at this property that took my stay from excellent to superlative.

Although the customer service alone would warrant a return trip, the villas themselves and the lush jungle environment in which they sit are both top rate. We arrived late night after renting a car and driving from San Jose to Uvita, and we were greeted and shown to our villa without delay. I was awoken in the morning by a chorus of the singing birds/geckos and could hear a troop of howler monkeys at a distance. The first thing we did in the morning was open the doors to our private balcony and take in the view of the ocean and jungle. If you are looking to shed stress, TikiVillas makes it effortless. During our stay we saw all kinds of wildlife directly from our balcony and, just a two-minute walk from our villa, we came across a single tree with over 8 toucans. The public lodge is very tastefully done and was a perfect place to enjoy all of our dinners (the food is spectacular) as well as our welcome cocktails while floating around the infinity pool and taking in the ocean view.

I wouldn’t bat an eye before recommending this excellent accommodation to friends, family or anybody at all looking to plan the perfect Costa Rican getaway.

Pura vida!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I like staying at boutique hotels and his place is perfect, my girlfriend and I were the last guests of the season so we had the whole hotel to ourselves for 2 days. Gary and Pablo run the hotel and are incredibly professional and detail oriented. Other than the fact that there was more staff than guests when we were there, the rooms are huge and kept exceptionally clean. The bad reviews on here are just sour grapes. We'll be going back soon as we can. Im also recommending this place to everyone traveling to the Dominical area. The rooms have a kitchenette so we bought sandwich supplies and made sandwiches to bring down to the beach. Amazing location and an amazing property. You might see bugs around but you know, you're staying literally where the Costa Rican jungle meets the Pacific Ocean. Absolutely no complaints. We had an amazing time.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We hands down already miss this place so much and plan on going back when we return to Costa Rica. TikiVillas was our second place to stay on our honeymoon, and was our favorite. We arrived later than we anticipated, in the dark and rain. Gary was there to greet us and showed us to our villa (#1). The villas were large, with an indoor and outdoor shower and small kitchen. He then gave us our welcome drinks, banana coladas, which were very refereshing! We were not hungry as we had a very late lunch, but decided to go for desert - ice cream with fruit, so amazingly good!

We stayed at the villas for three nights, and ususally went to bed around 8 and woke up to the howler monkeys around 5. There is a lot of bird and monkey activity at this location, which is one of the reasons why we loved it so much, it really felt like we were in Costa Rica by just sitting out and watching all of the activity. We could see the beach from the distance, but were in a rain forest canopy with all of the animals. Note there will be bugs in your villa, plenty of them, but they weren't a bother to us.

Another reason we loved the villas is that Gary and Pablo were very accommodating, they had great knowledge of their country (loved to give you information), loved to point out the animals, and wanted to make you feel welcomed and happy while you were there. Perfect example, I thought the banana colada was okay, but I love strawberry coladas. I asked Gary to make me one, it is not on their menu, and Gary did not know anything about it, but was happy to try and make one. It was fabulous! I asked Pablo for one the next night, and he followed Gary's directions and made a fabulous one as well!

The food there was amazing. Breakfast was complimentary, I chose the pancakes for two mornings, and the typical breakfast one morning (Kevin had that all three mornings). Loved it, especially the cheese! Pablo suggested the Salsa sauce, which is amazing! We wanted to bring some back with us, but that was a no go and have been looking at several stores here to find it. We were only going to have dinner there once, the second night we wanted to go out, but it ended up raining most of the evening and just did not want to be back out in the dark and rain, so we had dinner twice. Dinner is great, but more expensive than if we were to go out. I had the chicken with the peach palm sauce - I wish I could have taken that with me as well, it is amazingly good! I enjoyed mixing it with my mashed potatoes (I got the grilled potatoes the first night, bland), would have made a great pasta dish sauce!

They were doing work around the villas, but even so, it was still very peaceful and relaxing as there was only one other couple there the first night, we were the only ones the second night, and another couple arrived the third night. The pool is small, but is very relaxing just to sit in, could have been slightly warmer, but great views from being in the pool!

I highly recommend a stay here, you will love it!

Room Tip: I can't compared villas, but we had #1 and it had a great view and no complaints.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This place is absolutely amazing. It is situated away from the main road, we had a 4x4 so it was no problem getting there. We arrived late and were still greeted with a yummy coctail. There are not many villas, so the likelihood of you having the place to yourself is high. Both times that we went to the pool, there was no one else around but us. We stayed for a few hours and really enjoyed the views, nature and the wonderful staff who took the time to bring us ice water and binoculars for bird viewing. We spotted some toucans. Such beauty! The villa itself, has a kitchen, shower and outside shower for those days you want to rinse off ocean salt and sand. The bed was super comfortable. The staff was amazing, we didn't bother them much however they offered services such as booking tours etc. If you stay here, take the time to enjoy a tasty quiet dinner. The food was delicious- one of the best meals we had the entire two weeks we were in costa rica. I can not say enough great things! Stay here and you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

TikiVillas is the perfect blend of beautiful scenery, amazing structure & design, over the top service with the privacy and romance that made it an unforgettable stay. Pablo was the best...thank you for making my first trip to CR special. We'll be back...

• Stayed April 2014
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

What a beautiful place to stay in Costa Rica -- this place is like a dream! We spent the final few days of our honeymoon in Uvita and just LOVED our stay at the gorgeous Tikivillas Rainforest Lodge. The view from our room was absolutely breathtaking. (You definitely need to have a 4x4 to get up the hill to reach the property though.)

Upon our arrival, my husband & I were greeted with delicious smoothies and a chance to relax by the infinity pool as the sun slowly faded away. Thomas & Cindy were wonderful hosts and very helpful throughout our stay. We appreciated their suggestions for local activities & also their assistance with things like making restaurant reservations. The breakfast served each morning was also delicious & filling. Our rooms were clean and we enjoyed the open view on the balcony. We rented the room w/o air conditioning, and it was fine because the weather was generally fairly cool when we were there. We would love to make our way back to Uvita one day & stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I don't know quite where to begin, the well thought out bungalow that opens to a beautiful view of the sea or the staff that went well beyond my expectations to make it a perfect Honeymoon.

I think I have to start with the staff. Every member of the team was flawless in service and hospitality. During our stay our concierge / maître d's were Gary and Pablo. Both of which gave excellent advice on local sights and restaurants as well as made us feel welcome and at home in their tropical paradise. My wife's birthday fell on one of the days of our trip and Gary was excellent coordinating with me and the excellent chef to give her a surprise that we will always remember. Pablo also went beyond the call of duty in insuring every aspect of our trip was perfect, including the day trip adventure he booked for us. Next on my list of staff to admire has to be the talented masseuses who work at the Spa. Now let me start by saying that, unlike my wife, I'm new to the spa experience but I have to say.. Guys you have to try this! In a beautiful room open to the rain forest you can hear the surf breaking, the birds talking to each other as you close your eyes and they work their magic to relax and soothe you into a blissful state. Follow that with a bottle of wine and a great dinner at the Villa's restaurant and you will have an evening you will always remember.

The food was wonderful. I still miss having the traditional breakfast each morning. The other choices on the menu were good as well but that one has a special place in my heart. (Pablo informed me about the Lizano Salsa that makes it even better! Try it)

Note: there are only 5 bungalows now but they will be closing for the rainy season to add more.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge? Share your experiences!