My review comes a little late but, as they say, better late than never! My boyfriend and I stayed in villa No 4 at TikiVillas twice during our Costa Rican trip in July 2013 and we loved it. It was a welcome break after ‘roughing it’ a little in Osa and makes for a great stopover on your way from Osa to SJO or Manuel Antonio or the Caribbean coast. The Uvita area itself is certainly worth exploring by itself as well.
The hotel is excellent by any standards. It is set on a serene hill overlooking the coastline below. It provides an incredibly relaxing experience in an intimate atmosphere. The villas are beautifully appointed and have private kitchenette areas. Each villa comes with its own balcony and sea view. In addition to an indoor bathroom one might also enjoy an outdoor shower surrounded and protected from view by lush greenery. Everything is spotlessly clean. There’s AC and free wi-fi and free, secure parking. On top of that, the guest can have a dip in a beautiful infinity pool located in the breakfast/bar/reception area, which is a lot of fun especially if the weather gets bad.
The room price includes a delicious breakfast a la carte. I highly recommend opting for the traditional Costa Rican breakfast – it’s great! Regardless of your preference, the service starts with a fresh fruit salad and a glass of juice as well as tea/coffee/cocoa.
Finally, a good part of what makes the hotel so good is definitely its staff! Everyone there, but especially Richard and Jesus are super professional, helpful, and very friendly! They made us feel welcome and were full of helpful advice. They are a great bunch.
While visiting you should visit Marino Ballena National Park and take a long walk along the gorgeous beach at low tide. I also loved visiting the nearby Baru Reserve – it’s excellent for wildlife watching.
You’ll need to rent a car to get to the hotel, and you will also need a car to go get some dinner, but there are plenty of restaurants within a very short ride.
The only problem I can think of is that sometimes the Internet connection fades away inside the villas, but it’s always strong and fast at the reception were you can be seated comfortably and serve the Web all you want.
Overall, everything from the staff and the setting to the premises themselves was perfect and I would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature, Relaxation, Fun and Adventure that's what Costa Rica is all about!We invite you to join us at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, located in one of the most breathtaking regions of Costa Rica. Scattered within the rainforest paradise of Osa near Uvita, TikiVillas is a small "Balinese Style" Eco Lodge. Offering nine individual, spacious villas set on a mountainside 120 meters above the Pacific Ocean and just a short distance from the beaches at the Ballena National Park. TikiVillas is the perfect jungle and beach getaway. Couples and honeymooners can immerse themselves in our 13 acres of private rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens with close access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita