I don’t even know how to start this review - it all feels like a dream now! We arrived in the middle of an intense rain storm, having driven all the way from La Fortuna. It was a long day and the storm made it very difficult for driving, but we finally made it up to Tiki (yes, you really need 4x4 to get there!) At first glance, our villa looked beautiful, but we couldn’t really see the view because of the rain. The first thing we did was head to the bar for a drink. We had our first banana coladas from Richard (absolutely delicious) and chatted with a lovely British couple, also on their honeymoon.
The next day we awoke to beautiful weather and we could finally see the amazing view of the rainforest and the Pacific Ocean! The weather stayed nice (with just a couple of rain showers) for the rest of our stay. The breakfasts were delicious. The drinks were amazing. The villas were beautiful. They have kitchenettes, which were adequate enough to cook simple meals (just don’t leave any food out because we did have some sugar ants). The infinity pool was out of this world, and every time we used it we had it completely to ourselves! We awoke to the sounds of howler monkeys, watched white-faced monkeys playing in the trees, and saw toucans flying past our villa. TikiVillas is the most beautiful place either I or my husband have ever stayed at, and I can’t imagine we will ever find a nicer place.
The town of Uvita was exactly how my husband had imagined Costa Rica to be like. Bumpy rocky roads to the beach, surfers hanging out, just a small quiet town. The beaches were gorgeous and practically empty. We paid $1 each to hike to a beautiful waterfall (that my husband was crazy enough to jump off of!) We ate at a wonderful little restaurant called Soda Ranchito Doña María. We took an early morning walk along the Whale’s Tail.
And what can I say about Richard? He was the greatest! He helped us with everything and he was such a nice guy. He drew maps for us, booked our whale watching trip, served us breakfast, made us drinks, answered all of our questions, etc. And on our last morning there, my husband mentioned that we have seen so many coconut trees around, but haven’t been served coconut anywhere. Richard would not have that, so he walked down to a coconut tree on the property, hacked down some coconuts, and came back up with an armload of them. He cut them open and placed straws in them for us to drink the water! We hope to visit again someday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature, Relaxation, Fun and Adventure that's what Costa Rica is all about!We invite you to join us at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, located in one of the most breathtaking regions of Costa Rica. Scattered within the rainforest paradise of Osa near Uvita, TikiVillas is a small "Balinese Style" Eco Lodge. Offering nine individual, spacious villas set on a mountainside 120 meters above the Pacific Ocean and just a short distance from the beaches at the Ballena National Park. TikiVillas is the perfect jungle and beach getaway. Couples and honeymooners can immerse themselves in our 13 acres of private rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens with close access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita