I traveled to Costa Rica this month with my 2 grown children, ages 19 and 20, and TikiVillas was a favorite landing spot for us. First, Richard and Mainor greeted us as we drove up and made our entire stay of 6 days delightful. By the time we left, we felt we had made 2 new friends. The open main area, the pool, the views, and the delicious breakfasts could not have been more inviting. Our villa (#3) had an amazing view of the forest and the Pacific, was very clean, and had a delightful outdoor shower, as well as an indoor shower. The kitchen was a nice plus, as well. We did not want air conditioning because we liked to open up the wall facing the ocean and sleep with fans on and natural night sounds--we found them comforting and actually got a bit chilly at night. However, I know that some people prefer a more American style of sleeping with closed walls, night sounds shut out, and less humidity--you can do this, as well, if it's what you prefer. But we loved the fact that we could open an entire side of the villa up, be in the middle of nature and all its sounds, enjoy some neighborly visits from the wildlife, and feel as if we were living outside. This is why we came to Costa Rica! We will definitely try to return to this get-away. It's first class, lovely, and we felt as if we were treated a bit like family (also--the banana coladas are amazing!). Thank you, Richard, Mainor, and Cindy! Notes: I highly recommend eating dinner at Exotica in Ojochal while you're here--for a memorable meal--Richard will make reservations for you. We also greatly enjoyed the popular day-long riding trail to a nearby waterfall for $60 each, which included a light breakfast and delicious lunch and lessons/help from the guides on waterfall jumping. We weren't as enthusiastic about the day-long snorkeling trip to Cano Island, simply because we're used to snorkeling in the Caribbean and found the Pacific waters a bit choppy and lacking in visibility. For the calmest swimming waters, I recommend going out to the whale's tail at Play Uvita at low tide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature, Relaxation, Fun and Adventure that's what Costa Rica is all about!We invite you to join us at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, located in one of the most breathtaking regions of Costa Rica. Scattered within the rainforest paradise of Osa near Uvita, TikiVillas is a small "Balinese Style" Eco Lodge. Offering nine individual, spacious villas set on a mountainside 120 meters above the Pacific Ocean and just a short distance from the beaches at the Ballena National Park. TikiVillas is the perfect jungle and beach getaway. Couples and honeymooners can immerse themselves in our 13 acres of private rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens with close access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita