My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in late April (2 week honeymoon). I would stay here again.
Positives: The staff really is exceptional - very friendly and helpful. Definitely ask them for recommendations! We took the horseback riding tour to the Nauyaca waterfalls and went to Tortillas Flats, in Jaco for dinner (both fun). The area around the hotel (Uvita, Dominical, and the mountains around San Isidro) are beautiful.
Noteworthy: This is a smaller, secluded place so make sure you read the info about the drive to the parking lot (you need 4WD). Also, there is a long staircase from the parking lot up to the reception area (not an issue for us, but worth noting). It isn't necessarily the "right hotel for everyone" - it's definitely geared towards eco-tourism, so if you don't enjoy outdoor activities and being in a jungle type environment...
We really had a nice time and I would recommend this place to friends (couples).
**Stop at a grocery store before you get there (to Uvita). There are only 2 stores in Uvita and the BM (nicest one) is a bit pricey. You can drive on this really cool mountain road to San Isidro and there are larger stores there with lower prices (especially for toiletries, sunscreen, etc.).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature, Relaxation, Fun and Adventure that's what Costa Rica is all about!We invite you to join us at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, located in one of the most breathtaking regions of Costa Rica. Scattered within the rainforest paradise of Osa near Uvita, TikiVillas is a small "Balinese Style" Eco Lodge. Offering nine individual, spacious villas set on a mountainside 120 meters above the Pacific Ocean and just a short distance from the beaches at the Ballena National Park. TikiVillas is the perfect jungle and beach getaway. Couples and honeymooners can immerse themselves in our 13 acres of private rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens with close access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita