Tiki Villas is a unique gem. We have been to Costa Rica on several other occasions and this is among the top places we have stayed. The rooms are very spacious, comfortable, clean and nicely furnished. But that's not what makes this place great. It's so special because of the entire sensory experience that envelopes you while there. Waking up to the sunrising, birds chirping in the tree outside the balcony and breathing in the fresh, sweet air is simply amazing. I haven't felt that relaxed or rested in a long time and wish I was back enjoying the view from the mountaintop.
The morning breakfast is wonderful, the pool is beautiful, the animals that come by to visit are great and the feeling you get at Tiki Villas is memorable.
It's also worth noting that we stayed in three different locations during our trip. Tiki Villas was the least expensive and we had the best time at it.
We had a few bumps while we were there--a problem with a leaky AC and a power outage--but they were resolved quickly and our hosts did everything to make sure we had a good time.
This is a special part of Costa Rica and if you are the kind of person that wants rowdy nightlife and a ton of other tourists around, this isn't the place. But if you are looking for a laid back slice of paradise, this is it!
Like everyone else has said, the driveway is a bit ridiculous. We breathed a sigh of relief each time we made it up the driveway and it's the one hitch in an otherwise glorious stay.
Writing this review is making me wish I could go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature, Relaxation, Fun and Adventure that's what Costa Rica is all about!We invite you to join us at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, located in one of the most breathtaking regions of Costa Rica. Scattered within the rainforest paradise of Osa near Uvita, TikiVillas is a small "Balinese Style" Eco Lodge. Offering nine individual, spacious villas set on a mountainside 120 meters above the Pacific Ocean and just a short distance from the beaches at the Ballena National Park. TikiVillas is the perfect jungle and beach getaway. Couples and honeymooners can immerse themselves in our 13 acres of private rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens with close access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita