We stayed here for 2 nights over New Year as part of a 3 week trip to Costa Rica and wished we could have stayed longer. The bungalows and the setting were really stunning with views of the sea and of the jungle. The rooms were very private and had been designed and built with obvious intelligence, creativity and attention to detail to make the best use of space and the views of the surrounding landscapes.
Both the owners were very attentive and warm without being at all intrusive. As others have mentioned they work hard to make you feel at home and take care of any problems. It is amazing how clean and insect-free the rooms were considering that they are basically in the jungle and open to the elements. Do bear in mind however that the odd 'visitor' is inevitable however we found that Thomas was very capable of removing unwanted 'guests' and if you're interested as we were, he is also quite knowledgable about them.
We didn't have a car and used a taxi to get to and from TikiVillas which worked fine. A tip here is to visit the local supermarket in Uvita on the way to stock up on a few supplies. The bungalows come with a small fridge and a kitchenette so bringing some provisions with you will prevent you having to take unneccessary taxi journeys to and from the town. However, if you do have a car, bear in mind that Uvita is less than an hour from Manuel Antonio national park and from our experience is a much better deal than any of the places in Quepos. So, if you were planning on venturing further north then TikiVillas could still work as a good base.
Finally, we stayed at a number of high-end hotels and lodges while in Costa Rica, some of which were double the price of this one however TikiVillas at least matched up to these other places and represents real value for money. I would recommend this place to anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scattered in this rainforest paradise near Uvita TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge is a small Balinese style boutique Eco Lodge with a relaxed atmosphere offering only five private spacious individual villas set 100 metres (330 ft) above the Pacific Ocean on a mountainside and just a few minutes walking distance to the beaches of the Ballena Marine National Park between Dominical and Uvita de Osa, Southern Costa Rica. TikiVillas is a perfect jungle and beach getaway for couples and honeymooners! You can fully immerse yourself in the Magic of Nature in our 13 acres of private Rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens. Access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails through primary rainforest and waterfalls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.