After a five-night stay in mid-November, we can assure you that all of the positive things other reviewers have said about TikiVillas and its proprietors are absolutely true. As you can see from the online pictures, the property is beautiful, from the buildings to the landscaping to the setting (you’ll love the outdoor shower). The breakfasts are freshly prepared and delicious. And Thomas and Cindy are wonderful hosts. They are always available and happy to assist you in any way. In fact, it is their quiet attentiveness to guests’ needs that makes TikiVillas stand out from other such properties. To give a couple of examples, on the first or second evening of our stay it started to rain right before we headed out to dinner. We had brought one small umbrella with us, but it really wasn’t suitable for two adults to share. When we opened our villa door to walk down to our car, there was a large umbrella propped up against the wall waiting for us. On another evening, the whole region had a power outage as we were driving back from dinner. The power had literally been out for only a couple of minutes when we got out of our car at TikiVillas, and Thomas was already present with a flashlight to light our way up the steps.
Another very nice aspect of TikiVillas is its location. Although Uvita is a very small town, it has several good casual dining options and a decent grocery store. It is along a nice stretch of coastline with various beaches and preserves within a short distance to the north and south, along with excellent dining options in the town of Ojochal, a very easy 20-minute drive south of TikiVillas. The town of Dominical is about 15 minutes to the north, and there are several outdoor recreation outfitters there, along with more restaurant options.
There are just two things of which you should be aware if you are going to enjoy a stay at TikiVillas. The first is that you will want to rent a vehicle so that you can drive to the various beaches, preserves, and restaurants. And as many reviewers have made clear, it absolutely has to be a 4x4 both for TikiVillas’ steep driveway and for the many unpaved local roads. Second, it is a tropical setting, so it will be warm and humid by day; you will hear the sounds of rainforest critters during the night and early morning; and there will be an assortment of small insects and lizards around, a few of which are bound to find their way into your villa. The good news is that it really does cool down to very comfortable temperatures at night, so we were fine without A/C (and almost no local hotels or restaurants have it), and there were no mosquitoes or other biting insects around. As long as you are cognizant of and comfortable with the ecological realities of this part of Costa Rica, you will definitely enjoy the tropical luxury you will find at TikiVillas.
As a final note, Thomas and Cindy will give you all the input you want about the local sights, activities, and restaurants. Some of the things we would highly recommend include waterfall rappelling with Costa Canyoning, exploring the beaches at Playa Ventanas and Playa Uvita/Marina Ballena Park, and eating at Mamma e Papa, Exotica, and La Fogata. We also recommend hanging out at TikiVillas’ infinity pool with banana and pina coladas. We look forward to being there again the next time we visit Costa Rica, and we hope we will have a chance to return Thomas’s hospitality the next time he is in The Woodlands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature, Relaxation, Fun and Adventure that's what Costa Rica is all about!We invite you to join us at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, located in one of the most breathtaking regions of Costa Rica. Scattered within the rainforest paradise of Osa in Uvita, TikiVillas is a small "Balinese Style" Eco Lodge. Offering nine individual, spacious villas set on a mountainside 120 meters above the Pacific Ocean and just a short distance from the beaches at the Ballena National Park. TikiVillas is the perfect jungle and beach getaway. Couples and honeymooners can immerse themselves in our 13 acres of private rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens with close access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita