“The most amazing place on earth!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mareas Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Uvita
Mareas Villas
You added Mareas Villas to your Saves list
Playa Hermosa, Bahia Ballena | Puntarenas, Osa, Uvita 11111, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #10 of 26 Specialty Lodging in Uvita
Flagstaff
“The most amazing place on earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed at Mareas Villas with my friends in June. We were impressed with our hosts and how accommodating they where. The views from the Villa are spectacular, the trails to the waterfalls were beautiful, we saw monkeys, toucans, sloth and a large variety of birds.
We are planing another trip next year at the same time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Haddon Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

My son and I were there in early July with a large group. My son loved the pool, views and the vast amount of plants and wildlife. The meals prerpared by Tim were excellent. He also introduced us to several local fruits and vegetables we could not get at home. (nice touch) The accomodations were perfect. The service was nothing short of excellent. Tim and Pilar were gracious hosts and their staff, very helpful. They were well versed on the plants and animals on the property. Also, directed us to some great activitesand sights. I have already reccomended Mareas to my friends and look foward to returning.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I went to a friend's wedding that was held at this place. Let me say the place is beautiful, but the service was horrible. My friend warned us about the hill coming up, but it was really poorly maintained and even in our 4 by 4 vehicle it was terrifying. I assume it was the owners, but Pilar who my friends told me she was forced to hire as her wedding planner in order to have a wedding there was not a wedding planner I would hire. During the rehersal, the wedding planner was getting her hair done instead of assisting with the rehersal. Also during the reception the wedding planner danced, which I thought was a little strange. I was excited about my meal, but when I received the plate it was raw and I just could not eat it. I did not send it back because I thought that was rude. Then I came to have dinner with my friend the final night, the owners made us feel real weird. During our dinner the owner was waving her hands all crazy from the top level while we were eating the meal we made to turn off the waterfall, where my friend's cousin was swimming in the pool. Also, when I went and tried the hot tub, it was so hot it burned. From what I my friend explained to me about the lack of cleaning in the rooms and what I witnessed while at the wedding I would never recommend this place, nor would I ever come back to this place. The place may be beautiful, but the service and strange behaviors of the owner make it not a place to visit ever again for me.

CRSDLVNOSD, Owner at Mareas Villas, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
We are disappointed that there were some issues with part of this client’s stay. We strive for complete guest satisfaction. A misunderstanding regarding the details of the booking agreement led to the bulk of the hitch. We have learned from our mistakes and have addressed the problem to prevent a repeat of this situation.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This is a spectacular villa located in the most amazing site. Wonderful ocean views with tropical rain forests all around that include trails leading to breath-taking waterfalls ready for climbing, fun and exploration! The design of the villas is exquisite and comfortable including an infinity pool with spa ready for relaxation!!!
The owners - Tim and Pilar - treated us like family. I can't thank them enough for their warm hospitality, laughter and AMAZING food. I am looking forward to my next visit to this tropical paradise.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We visited the resort with large group of friends and families and simply found the resort to be wonderful in every way. The scenery was simply breath taking, you feel like you are at the edge of the world.

Our rooms were cleaned and refreshed every day. The resort design/layout is just amazing and you always felt at ease. Tim and Pillar were never intrusive and were always ready to help in any way. Tim was our chef for the week and we really enjoyed the diversity of the meals he prepared.

The private rooms were great if you needed some downtime, but we were usually always in the grand meeting area swimming, eating, partying and enjoying the company of our friends and family. I would not hesitate for one minute to recommend this resort to anyone.

Be sure to rent a four-wheel drive to get up the long and winding road - it gets to be really fun after making the drive a couple times!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I came to Mareas Villa and what I experienced was absolutely the most amazing experience of my life. We came with 13 friends and left as a family. Mareas Villa was absolutely breathtaking and Pilar & Tim are now family. I cant even begin to explain how amazing, thoughtful and generous they are. Pilar did things for us that I would only expect from family. She took us to the pharmacy when we needed it, she took us to the bank, she loaned us money when we ran out and we repaid her later. She is an unbelievable person. Tim is so sweet and accommodating. He cooked special meals for our vegan friends and changed the spiciness for the ones who were sensitive to that. He was kind and sweet and always willing to make sure we were happy. I cant even begin to express how they turned our vacation into something above and beyond what we wanted. The views on the property, the waterfalls on the property and the sounds from the jungle were magical. They did anything they could to make our experience better…. The rooms were unbelievable and clean. The showers in our room were out of this world. I would highly recommend this place! I will come back soon! Thank you Tim & Pilar for making our trip so memorable! You guys are the greatest!

Sheila B.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I spent a long weekend at Mareas Villas for one of my close friend's weddings and although the scenery was gorgeous, the service and their attitudes tried to ruin the natural beauty of the place.

Upon arrival, a list of rules was provided to us, like we were children and did not have a shred of common sense. It only went downhill from there...an excursion the following day was canceled due to visibility when in actuality at the time of cancelation, there was no reason for it. Instead, we participated in a boat tour in what turned out to be the worst conditions possible.

Enough about the places that were recommended to us by the proprietor and his wife, let's discuss how she tried to manipulate and ruin what the bride envisioned for her special day. It was not about the bride and the groom, but about Pillar and her agenda. Key elements of the celebration were forgotten; guests were offended by her commentary; and more. Since when should a wedding be about the disastrous wedding planner?

I'd definitely go back to Costa Rica and even to the Dominical region, but never again would I step foot in a property managed by Pillar.

CRSDLVNOSD, Owner at Mareas Villas, responded to this review, October 19, 2011

Been to Mareas Villas? Share your experiences!