“I love it!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Luz de Luna

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Uvita
Hotel Luz de Luna
Save Saved
You added Hotel Luz de Luna to your Saves list
Uvita | Costa Rica, Uvita, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Uvita B&B and Inns
Curitiba, PR
“I love it!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Luz de Luna and didn´t wanna leave!!! The hosts, Patricia and Felipe are super friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurante is so good!!! Breakfast is the best!!! And the rooms are super comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hotel Luz de Luna is a hidden gem. My friends and I planned to stay a couple days and ended up staying a week. My first impression is that the rooms were amazingly clean. The air conditioner worked great and I slept very well. Breakfast was included so that was great....and the restaurant was so good ( fresh salads, fish, pizza etc.) that we ate there most nights. The best thing about this hotel are the owners and the staff. Unfortunately i needed to see a DR while i was there. The owner called the Doc for me and even stayed up until 1130pm when the dr came to see me. He even let me use an empty room to see the DR so that I didn't have to keep my friends awake. I really can't say enough about this hotel and the owners. They really made my friends and I feel at home. The location was great too. You can walk out to the main highway where there is a grocery store, Pharmacy, shops etc. and also to the beach. Have a great time in Uvita.....I did!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

very accommodating local stay. good room, staff and restaurant!!! fresh fruit and the best breakfast in town!!! a definite return visit next year!! the friendliest local people of anyplace i visited, pura vita!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had the whole hotel booked for two nights for our wedding, it was amazing. We had our wedding reception in the restaraunt, which was a magical, quaint atmosphere. We did not want an all inclusive wedding experience and my dad had always loved the food and atmosphere here so we had found the perfect wedding reception spot for us. We had decorated that morning and arrived to a beautiful candle lit reception, followed by music and a pool party. We had arranged for a buffet, it was good quality, great tasting food. The pizza is the best ever! The staff are very genuinely nice people. We had many friends and family staying at the hotel, including the cabin in the back. Philipe helped our friends make travel plans to the Osa and he booked a great horseback ride for my girlfriends and i one evening. After the wedding was over and friends and family had left we still returned for suppers as the food is very good and not overpriced for its quality. Uvita is a great place, very safe and friendly. There are many beautiful quiet beaches along the coast and visiting the whale's tail a few afternoons is a must. Thank you Luz de Luna, we will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jaco, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My family just returned home after two wonderful nights at Luz De Luna. This place looks quite new. The grounds were beautifully landscaped and the pool was lovely. The room had tons of natural light and was decorated very nicely, with a comfortable bed, TV and AC. The food at La Fogata was so good we ended up eating every meal there! Try the Pizza, Bruscheta, Salads, Chicken and Ribs. The breakfast included was delicious and plentiful with Gallo Pinto, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Pancakes, Coffee, Fruit and freshly squeezed Orange Juice. The staff were all very nice and helpful. It is located half way down the unpaved road to Playa Ballena. We visited 3 beaches in 1 day: Dominical (which has huge waves, good for advanced surfers), Hermosa (great waves for beginner/intermediate surfers, unlike the other Playa Hermosa up north) and Uvita (free admission to Playa Ballena Park after 4pm for sunset). We hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Maybe don't get a room next to the terraces upstairs because groups can congregate there and mak...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The staff were amazing!!! We were there for a wedding and a few days after and everything was outstanding. The food is crazy good and the rooms and pool are lovely! I recommend this place over and over again! Thanks Philipe and Patricia!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Amazing attention and rates!, its beautiful and close to the beach, surrounded with nature and really nice people.
They have the most delicious pizza and pasta in town, its a place where you can rest,have fun and create life memories with your friends and family in an atmosphere of peace with nature and just the right price. I fully recommend it :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Luz de Luna? Share your experiences!